This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW:
    ALIEN VS PREDATOR Conspiracy theorists go berserk over video of ‘UFO destroying US predator drone with energy beam’

The viral clip claims to show a UFO being chased by an American drone in Afghanistan
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/481817...e-afghanistan/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      ..Conspiracy theorists go berserk over video of UFO destroying US predator drone..
      Must have been a cheapskate type of UFO. I thought proper UFO's were supposed to have warp drives to easily get away from drones or anything else that was chasing them..

Comment

• Sometimes they just want to "mess with us" it seems ... show off what they can do ...

Comment

• [re UFO's]-
          Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Sometimes they just want to "mess with us" it seems ... show off what they can do ...
          Right, they might even have messed with me on a solo cycle-camping trip 20 years ago!
          I camped in a field near Spalding (Lincolnshire,England) one night, and after falling asleep I had a dream in which I was out of the tent following a hooded monk-like figure towards a clump of trees.
          I woke up next morning and noticed a painless brown bruise on my shin (or it may have been an antiseptic stain), maybe they'd bored into my bone marrow to extract DNA, what bloody cheek!
          I shrugged it off and got on with the bike tour and the "bruise" faded out over the next few days, I'm kool..
          Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 05 Nov 17, 02:37.

Comment

• Incidentally as a follow-up to my post #312 about the paranormal effects of tiredness and overwork on the human mind, this sad item appeared in the news a few days later about a young woman who jumped to her death from the gallery inside St. Paul's cathedral. If her mind was indeed being ravaged by demons perhaps she felt instinctively drawn to the "house of God" to seek comfort..
            "University stress had taken its toll on the straight A pupil but her unhappiness was hidden to her family."
            http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/19/woman-...r-mum-7011422/

PS- On the same "comfort" theme, a true story was in the Brit news about 20(?) years ago concerning two security guards at a construction site in the countryside who saw a ghost and fled in panic. They called the police who went to investigate and they saw it too!
            Next morning the two guards, still in deep shock went knocking on the door of a vicarage in town to try to get some comfort from the vicar.
            (I've tried to find the story on the net but have drawn a blank so far)

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
              Must have been a cheapskate type of UFO. I thought proper UFO's were supposed to have warp drives to easily get away from drones or anything else that was chasing them..
              "Stealth" drone...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Note this is about five months before Arnold's sighting in the PNW that started the "Flying Saucer" awareness;
                Photos from February 1947 Byrd Expedition to Antarctica - UFOs?
                https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?...tegory=Science

Comment

• Being something of a catch-all thread;
                  Bizarre Paranormal Mysteries of World War I

Brent Swancer November 8, 2017

The article leads with numerous accounts of "angels", "ghosts", and other "specteres", etc. and then we get these couple of examples;
                  EXCERPTS:
                  Besides angels and ghosts, some really strange phenomena during World War I are really hard to truly classify. One account is the disappearance of an entire regiment at Gallipoli, Turkey in 1915. in August of this year, the British 5th Norfolk Regiment, also known as the Sandringhams, marched into the hellish Dardanelles campaign of the war. Made up of mostly soldiers employed by the estate of King Edward VII and led by the land agent Frank Beck, the regiment proceeded to march into battle and vanish without a trace. In later decades, some veterans would claim that between six and eight “loaf shaped clouds” had descended over the soldiers during the battle, which hovered over the troops before producing a fog which the battalion marched right into and never emerged from, with the strange objects then rising up into the sky to apparently take the whole contingent of over a hundred men with them. Turkish authorities would later claim that they had had nothing to do with the disappearance or the fate of the men. It is a case which I have covered here at Mysterious Universe before, and although it may be more wartime legend it is fascinating nevertheless.
                  While it is unclear as to just what happened to “The Vanished Battalion,” or whether it was UFOs or just a spooky bit of war folklore, it is not the only far out story of unidentified flying objects from the war, and just about as dramatic is that time the Red Baron shot down a flying saucer. Wait, what? Let me explain. The so- called Red Baron was the German ace pilot Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen, who was both renowned and feared for his unrivaled flying skills, often considered to be “the ace of aces” and racking up at least 80 air combat victories. In the book UFOs of the First World War, by Nigel Watson, there is a curious account that seems to show that human pilots were not the only ones the Red Baron hunted down and engaged. The story goes that as he was flying over the Belgian trenches in the spring of 1917 with fellow pilot Peter Waitzrick, the Baron spotted an unidentified object that was described as “an upside down silver saucer with orange lights” hovering in clear blue skies. After a moment of awe, fear and wonder, the Red Baron did the human thing and opened fire upon it, and Waitzrick, who reportedly saw the whole thing, described what happened next thus:
                  http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/1...f-world-war-i/

Comment

• November 18, 2017

A man vacationing in China was astounded when he looked at the photos from his trip and noticed that two of the images featured a bizarre UFO shaped like a doughnut.

John Chen took the puzzling photograph as he was admiring the breathtaking scenery during a visit to China's picturesque Lake Dian.
                    Upon returning home to Taiwan, he was admiring the photos from his adventure when he spotted something truly odd in a pair of images in the collection.

Seemingly suspended in the air is a dark object shaped like a ring with distinct ridges around the outside of the circle.

The awestruck Chen says that he did not notice the weird anomaly in the sky at the time and, unfortunately, photos taken by his friends during the trip to Lake Dian did not feature the UFO.

As to what it might be, aside from an alien craft or a well-crafted hoax, some have speculated that it looks like a very large tire, ostensibly either crashing down to Earth or tossed up in the air.
                    Since, presumably, falling debris would have created a splash in the lake that would have caught Chen's attention and it is hard to fathom how it could have thrown to where it is seen in the image, the nature of the object truly is a mystery.

Share you best guess as to what the 'doughnut UFO' might have been at the Coast to Coast AM Facebook page.
                    Source: Mirror

Comment

Seemingly suspended in the air is a dark object shaped like a ring with distinct ridges around the outside of the circle.

Source: Mirror

There are lots of people in China, so there are probably [many] others nearby.

Perhaps someone was tossing a sugar cookie or bird food at those sea gulls in the background?

It is a bright day, so the camera will choose a fast exposure time. Fast enough to freeze frame a flying bird snack.

Furthermore, those lumps do not make it an aerodynamic shape. Any high speed UFO/aircraft in an atmosphere (or underwater) would suffer from heating and drag with such a shape. Unless it had some protective shell or shielding, which is not evident in the picture.

I've seen a large number of UFO pics in my day and I don't recall anything quite like this one. I'll stick with my sugar cookie theory for the moment...
                      Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Note this is about five months before Arnold's sighting in the PNW that started the "Flying Saucer" awareness;
                        Photos from February 1947 Byrd Expedition to Antarctica - UFOs?
                        https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?...tegory=Science

Those are so Photo shopped...
                        The top photo shows a sky filled with flak bursts. The shadows on the object don't even come close to matching the rest of the photo. I'd even bet the "icebergs" are phony.

https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2577

And so they are...

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Those are so Photo shopped...
                          The top photo shows a sky filled with flak bursts. The shadows on the object don't even come close to matching the rest of the photo. I'd even bet the "icebergs" are phony.

https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2577

And so they are...
                          Thanks for the legwork. And the link. Part of reason I present such, especially with limited to no comment(endorsement) is in the hope that others will also look and investigate. After posting this hadn't been focused on the topic lately to find the follow-on you did. Again, thanks!

(P.S., I'd picked up on the flak in the one photo and that there were things "fishy", was awaiting to see if any others might also.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
                            There are lots of people in China, so there are probably [many] others nearby.

Perhaps someone was tossing a sugar cookie or bird food at those sea gulls in the background?

It is a bright day, so the camera will choose a fast exposure time. Fast enough to freeze frame a flying bird snack.

Furthermore, those lumps do not make it an aerodynamic shape. Any high speed UFO/aircraft in an atmosphere (or underwater) would suffer from heating and drag with such a shape. Unless it had some protective shell or shielding, which is not evident in the picture.

I've seen a large number of UFO pics in my day and I don't recall anything quite like this one. I'll stick with my sugar cookie theory for the moment...
                            Between internet and "photoshop" softwares; nearly any "UFO" photo of the past couple/few decades are even more suspect. It should be noted that there have been no shortage of non-aerialdynamic shapes over the past 70+ years. Also no shortage of shightings where performance suppossedly was "impossible".

One of the more interesting and informative books examining this phenomena is the following;
                            Unconventional Flying Objects: A Former NASA Scientist Explains How UFOs Really Work Paperback – June 1, 2014

by Paul R. Hill
                            Paul Hill was a well-respected NASA scientist when, in the early 1950s, he had a UFO sighting. Soon after, he built the first flying platform and was able to duplicate the UFO's tilt-to-control maneuvers. Official policy, however, prevented him from proclaiming his findings. "I was destined," says Hill, "to be as unidentified as the flying objects."
                            For the next twenty-five years, Hill acted as an unofficial clearinghouse at NASA, collecting and analyzing sightings' reports for physical properties, propulsion possibilities, dynamics, etc. To refute claims that UFOs defy the laws of physics, he had to make "technological sense... of the unconventional object."
                            After his retirement from NASA, Hill finally completed his remarkable analysis. This book, published posthumously, presents his findings that UFOs "obey, not defy, the laws of physics." Vindicating his own sighting and thousands of others, he proves that UFO technology is not only explainable, but attainable.
                            https://www.amazon.com/Unconventiona.../dp/1571747133

Also, original cover;

Comment

• And now for something different, filling the broader range of subject here;
                              Insane Government Conspiracies: Lizard People, Mind Controlled Clones, and Fairies

Brent Swancer November 27, 2017

Let’s face it, there have been conspiracy theories around for as long as we have had anything to conspire about. Such ideas have run the gamut from the plausible to the actually true, to the farthest reaches of eyebrow raising insanity. It is an interesting enough phenomenon in its own right that some of the most mind-bogglingly odd theories should catch on and coalesce into the minds of the masses, but some of these really take the cake with regards to sheer, flat out bizarreness. Some of the stranger of these concern evil plots by the the government or even more mysterious forces to infiltrate society and bring the world under control. From nefarious aliens, to secret mind control projects, to vat-grown clones and even supernatural creatures, there seems to be no end to the types of conspiracies that crop up. Here we will look at some of the more surreal, so leave your tinfoil hats at the door, forget about things such as evidence or even common sense, and come with me on a journey down the rabbit hole.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/1...s-and-fairies/

Comment

• Another quirky that fits here;
                                Television's Most Infamous Hack Is Still a Mystery 30 Years Later

On November 22, 1987, someone hacked two local news broadcasts in Chicago to show Max Headroom. The hacker's motive and identity has never been discovered.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ck-anniversary

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X