Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Clone Neanderthals? The scientific, legal, and ethical obstacles

http://www.archaeology.org/1003/etc/neanderthals.html

Please read the article. Then let the info sink in. I did and then read it again. And again. Has technology advanced so as to allow the real possibilty of creating(re-creating) human life forms? Should we?

The article is well written and well rounded discussing the technical pros/cons as well as delving into the morality of the subject.

There is so much to think about here. Beyond the science the ethics can be approached by all regardless what one believes.

I will wait to post my thoughts. Hopefully others have an interest and wish to express themselves.

Edit: Thank you to those who advised me I had forgotten to post the article link in typical Neanderthal fashion. No wonder we became extinct. DUH!
    Last edited by BriteLite; 15 Jun 10, 00:01.

Originally posted by BriteLite View Post
    Please read the article. Then let the info sink in. I did and then read it again. And again. Has technology advanced so as to allow the real possibilty of creating(re-creating) human life forms? Should we?

The article is well written and well rounded discussing the technical pros/cons as well as delving into the morality of the subject.

There is so much to think about here. Beyond the science the ethics can be approached by all regardless what one believes.

I will wait to post my thoughts. Hopefully others have an interest and wish to express themselves.
    Is there a link or a site where the article is located?

Comment

"Should We Clone Neanderthals?"

I'd like to know what the point would be, what benefit is to be gained first.

Just because we can do a thing, doesn't mean we should do the thing.

I'd like to eliminate racism myself, by encouraging women all over the world to intentionally breed with males from as many locations as possible. To blur and blend the genetic code as much as possible, and as fast as possible actually.

Naturally I'd rather do it the natural way instead artificially

Should we clone anything at all?
      If you can demonstrate, that a child of a neanderthal male and a human female will reap increased health and vitality, sure open them legs ladies, this kid is going to be great

But in all likelihood, we'd just create a new way to be racist.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Agreed. Play GOD and you then, whether you believe or not, be held to the historical,theological and ideaological standards of GOD.

And man, as he developed those concepts, as a species, is incapable of that.

Thunder Dome

Comment

We should clone Neanderthals only if we want to improve the gene pool...

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X