Israeli Archaeologists Say Pagan Altar Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Archaeologists Say Pagan Altar Found

This throws a major monkey wrench into the entire Judeo-Christian/Muslim "Holy Land" concept...

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli archaeologists say workers have uncovered an ancient pagan altar while clearing ground for construction of a hotly disputed hospital emergency room.
    They say the discovery proves an ancient cemetery at the site that has been at the center of protests by ultra-Orthodox Jews does not contain the graves of Jews.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05...-shows-graves/
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Wow, that's so old I'm not sure it's news anymore....

I don't see that it throws any monkey wrenches anywhere.
    The graves are apparently Philistines, Ashkelon was one of their major port cities.

Comment

Sorry - I wasn't aware that it was "old news", since it just surfaced on the news site.

How does it throw monkey wrenches? Who is claiming the ownership of the Holy Land, and has been fighting about it for a thousand years or more? The Muslims and the Jews. Now comes more proof that neither side has a valid claim - pagans were there first.
      Both sides are interlopers.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The pagans should lay a righteous claim to the city...
        "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Sorry - I wasn't aware that it was "old news", since it just surfaced on the news site.
          I think it started 3 or more months ago.
          The reveling of the graves and the concept of the presence of Paganism in Israel are both not new. The Philistines were there at around the 12th century BC.
          Hack it's in the bible (of course without the dates).
          Samson fought them, king Shaul, king David and many more...
          How does it throw monkey wrenches? Who is claiming the ownership of the Holy Land, and has been fighting about it for a thousand years or more? The Muslims and the Jews. Now comes more proof that neither side has a valid claim - pagans were there first.Both sides are interlopers.
          1. I think the fight for "who was here first" is futile and irrelevant.
          2. While the pagans were here first and that's a known fact, this discovery has nothing to do with them, since it's revolving the philistines who came in a later period and conquered parts of the already existing Israel.

The pagans who were here first are the people of Canaan- the Canaanite, the Kini, Knizi, Kadmoni, Hiti, Fridi, Re'faim, Amori, Girgeshi, Yavosi and Hivi. (these are all transcribes of the Hebrew names, I wouldn't know their English names) which were probably more like tribes and clans then they were actual people-nation and of course completely ceased to exist many centuries ago.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Golani; 21 May 10, 00:04.

Comment

The pagan peoples of the area are chronicled in the Bible. Even some of the Hebrews dabbled in pagan practices at times, and was displeasing to God. But you would have to read it there, its to long to chronicle here!
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            — Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X