Horizon Oh my aching head.. Dark Enery, Dark Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Oh my aching head.. Dark Enery, Dark Flow

Just watched a really interesting show from Horizon.

My head aches trying to get around it.

Ok in space there is 'nothing'. But what IS nothing?

Ok take out all the matter, and there is still 'something there'. But what is it?

And is the nothing increasing? and is it the force that is fueling the speeding expansion?

I wonder if this is what drove the story for Neverending Story.

And is our universe just one of many universes much as our galaxy is just one galaxy among billions of galaxies.

My head hurts.
    Last edited by LRB; 11 Mar 10, 16:38.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Hmm, you've just given me a headache too.

Comment

Purely a theory at this point, Les. Take two aspirin and drive on.

Comment

I'm used to things being impossible to actually 'show' outside of extremely convoluted maths though.

So much of cosmology is so hard to actually 'see' with the unaided eye.

Still, one does get a sort of buzz thinking of what 'nothing' is made out of. If there is 'nothing there', how does it keep the 'something' out?

Comment

Dark energy and dark matter is made up by mathematicians and physicists to try to explain why all their equations don't work.

In fact we are the shadow of reality. A partial reflection of truth if you will. Possibly .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

One of the annoying aspects of Cosmology, IS there are a number of areas where the cosmological model just doesn't seem to make sense, like a puzzle with a couple of pieces missing and two that seem to not belong to the puzzle underway.

We be clever, but, there are still things left to learn. And maybe some things to unlearn that won't be fun correcting.

Comment

Think of Cosmology the same way you would think of Climatology - you'll feel a lot better.

Theoretical cosmologists are some of those claiming infinite alternate universes exist, something else they haven't got any real proof of, either.

Ne illegitimae non-carborundum, Les.

Comment

Well it is one thing to speculate on existence, quite another to try and tell us things that actually have an impact on our actual lives and expect us to alter lifestyles and make drastic adjustments all on the basis of biased an or data taken out of context.

I don't think the world's economy is in any danger from rampant speculations on what will happen in a few billion years

Comment

Or from whether or not all of the emptiness in the entire cosmos is filled with invisible "dark matter"?

I agree.

OTH, if there is an alternate universe that isn't as FUBAR as this one, beam me over.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X