Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World archaeology in the news.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • World archaeology in the news.

    Been considering this for a while...and like the Science and Nature thread i believe these types can be informative and good discussion topics. Hence a new thread.

    bring it all. i would recommend however that military specific topics or those that deal predominately with weapons, tactics, theories etc... be retained in their proper threads on war thru the ages....et al. continued diversity in topic areas is one factor in making ACG a better place.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Tomb of legendary Japanese Queen Himiko found


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...iko-found.html

  • #2
    Interesting post, CV.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks as though the 'enlightened emperor' won't allow any proof to be shown...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

      Comment


      • #4
        not at this particular time. as it then invites a negative response to the Japanese interpretation of sovereign divinity mythological tradition.

        the Queen however was a well known and much loved head of state according to historical tradition.

        feel free to bring any and all...and thanks for the comments men.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
          not at this particular time. as it then invites a negative response to the Japanese interpretation of sovereign divinity mythological tradition.

          the Queen however was a well known and much loved head of state according to historical tradition.

          feel free to bring any and all...and thanks for the comments men.
          Pity we can't get a Sci-Tech section on the forum. It doesn't really fit in too well with the usual Barracks fare.

          Maybe just start a Sci-Tech thread and add new items to it as part of ongoing discussion, like the Chimp Tools and the Penguin Poop, rather than starting new threads?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            well im all for it...
            my science thread has been a good starter... which is why i brought this one into creation. as general archaeology imo is directly related to the military aspects of any given culture that might be expanded elsewhere...on exsisting sub forums.

            but the Lords of the Manor house dont answer to me eh....im too regularly banned.

            Comment


            • #7
              Then shall we just start using your Science and Nature thread as our own sub-forum?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                might as well. same for the archaeo as well.... if yer interested. we already got same great posters on the science thread...welcome aboard.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It works for me!
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    well maybe this will lead him into becoming the next Indy. Well done Conor Sandford for going to the experts.

                    Farmer's son unearths medieval ring


                    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-14323265.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How Do You Cook a Mammoth?

                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Pity we can't get a Sci-Tech section on the forum. It doesn't really fit in too well with the usual Barracks fare.

                      Maybe just start a Sci-Tech thread and add new items to it as part of ongoing discussion, like the Chimp Tools and the Penguin Poop, rather than starting new threads?
                      I think a formal Sci-Tech section might be construed as offensive by the Creationist-American community . Best to play it safe. I can certainly get behind a general archaeology thread.

                      My contribution...you've seen the cartoons, now here's the real thing

                      Mammoths Roasted in Prehistoric Kitchen Pit
                      The meats were cooked luau-style underground. Svoboda said, "We found the heating stones still within the pit and around."

                      Boiling pits existed near the middle roaster. He thinks "the whole situation -- central roasting pit and the circle of boiling pits -- was sheltered by a teepee or yurt-like structure."
                      Every 10 years a great man.
                      Who paid the bill?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                        World archaeology in the news.
                        Centrix Vigilis' teeth were found today today. After nearly three decades of anger and frustration when confronted by an ear of sweet corn, Centrix Vigilis located his teeth in the bathroom, right next to his gallon-sized tub of Super Poly Grip. It was the discovery of his Coke-bottle glasses in the back yard, underneath three feet of dirt and a 1948 Ford pickup that led to the discovery of the teeth.

                        All of those cherished antiquities are being sent to the University of Texas Memorial Museum and Killing Floor in Austin for cataloguing and delousing.

                        Sorry, CV. I couldn't help myself. It's the overgrown 12 year old still in me.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          World's Oldest Pottery

                          Pottery dated to around 18,000 years ago has been found in a cave in China.
                          All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Centrix Vigilis' teeth were found today today. After nearly three decades of anger and frustration when confronted by an ear of sweet corn, Centrix Vigilis located his teeth in the bathroom, right next to his gallon-sized tub of Super Poly Grip. It was the discovery of his Coke-bottle glasses in the back yard, underneath three feet of dirt and a 1948 Ford pickup that led to the discovery of the teeth.

                            All of those cherished antiquities are being sent to the University of Texas Memorial Museum and Killing Floor in Austin for cataloguing and delousing.

                            Sorry, CV. I couldn't help myself. It's the overgrown 12 year old still in me.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kentek View Post
                              World's Oldest Pottery

                              Pottery dated to around 18,000 years ago has been found in a cave in China.
                              I read that one in the paper yesterday. Instantly grabbed my attention because of the very old date. Beats the pants off of 8,9, even 10,000 year old pottery.

                              I wonder ...
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG
                              __________
                              "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X