Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    It's gone. As predicted it lasted about a minute in Saturn's atmosphere
    I was watching the rather incomparable Brian Cox' The Planets last night - Cassini may not have lasted long in Saturn's atmosphere but apparently it managed to send home a treasure of data that should keep scienticists busy for decades to come

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07922lr

But Saturn’s true beauty may have remained hidden forever if it wasn’t for the decision to send Cassini on a risky close encounter with another moon, Enceladus. There we discovered an ocean with similar conditions to places on Earth where life thrives. Way out, far beyond the Sun, hydrothermal vents have been found, the very same habitat that we think life here on Earth may have got its start.
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I just wish one of you would have a passing knowledge of Physics.

It's difficult to define causality with people who don't have a basic understanding of how the universe works.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X