Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

A Climate Change Catastrophe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Climate Change Catastrophe

Scientific Research Effort in Arctic Cancelled Due to Climate Change
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0613150651.htm

I guess the "model prediction" was wrong for these scientific "experts"...
    Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

An 'expert" is an idiot in an expensive suit.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Cold Blast From the Past

Another climate change catastrophe from the 1970's, 100+ years into the Industrial Revolution that "started the warming trend"...

Good thing we got the planet to warm back up or we would be doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
        Scientific Research Effort in Arctic Cancelled Due to Climate Change
        https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0613150651.htm

I guess the "model prediction" was wrong for these scientific "experts"...
        The climate change study was cancelled because we don't understand climate change?

The Science Team of the Canadian Research Icebreaker CCGS Amundsen has cancelled the first leg of the 2017 Expedition due to complications associated with the southward motion of hazardous Arctic sea ice, caused by climate change.
        You do know localized climate change is but part of the big pictured that almost everywhere else on a global scale is getting hotter. Europe is destined to get colder in the short term as an example.

At least The Doctor would spend huge amounts of energy denying the obvious. I actually miss him.

I do doubt your credentials at times. Your post on Venus was indecipherable imho.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          Your post on Venus was indecipherable imho.
          Since you couldn't understand my explanation of how to read a graph, I won't be offended by your comment.

My "Venus Post" described the forgotten origins of the AWG theory. You might want to review it from time to time, while you study the history of planetary science, to put it all in context.

Comment

Another climate change catastrophe from the 1970's, 100+ years into the Industrial Revolution that "started the warming trend"...

Good thing we got the planet to warm back up or we would be doomed!

Either this planet is Warming away from an Ice Age,

Or it is cooling towards an Ice Age.

Question is which track would one rather be on?
            Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Since you couldn't understand my explanation of how to read a graph, I won't be offended by your comment.

My "Venus Post" described the forgotten origins of the AWG theory. You might want to review it from time to time, while you study the history of planetary science, to put it all in context.
              Please help this senior, senile memory (bio-RAM), where is this "Venus Post" so I can throw my monkey into the wrench???
              Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

So the UK is experiencing it's hottest and longest heat wave in twenty years and the river level in Dresden is so low you can walk across the Elbe. Must be due to all that cooling going on..
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  So the UK is experiencing it's hottest and longest heat wave in twenty years and the river level in Dresden is so low you can walk across the Elbe. Must be due to all that cooling going on..
                  We have the opposite over here so might be ...

Comment

This is as absurd as the local weather girl last week trying to tell viewers that the heat wave Phoenix is currently having is due to Gorebal Warming.

It gets really hot here this time of year. Phoenix is a huge urban heat island too. They take the "official" temperature at Sky Harbor Airport, an area of about 50 square miles of nothing but concrete and asphalt in the middle of it.
                    But, according to the bubble headed bleach blonde, it's Gorebal Warming...

Comment

Do you really want me to point to your contribution of that particular thread? Venus had no relevance and there were too many factors involved concerning Venus that differed from Earths atmosphere. Your initial post was irrelevant to that thread. I won't embarrass you by posting a link to your pointless post.

What you have failed to learn from The Doctor is that you need to post a great deal of crap in a post so that most will actually believe it as science or fact. You post one opinion that is easily squashed. As Stalin was reportedly said 'quantity has a quality of its own'. If you cannot post quality, try the other approach.
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I've had to have 5 cold showers today, due to the heat. I don't think I've ever done that, even as a teen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          An 'expert" is an idiot in an expensive suit.
                          Here I thought it was someone with a bunch of letters before or after their name...

Dr. John Dork, Ph D, PDQ, ETC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            I've had to have 5 cold showers today, due to the heat. I don't think I've ever done that, even as a teen.
                            Meh. You don't know what hot is. Last week it hit 50 C here. I was out last weekend hanging drywall in 39 C. It's only going to go to 44 today. We're having a cooling trend this week...

Comment

+50 c is not ideal, but I take that any day over cold weather.
                              In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X