Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravational Lensing

http://www.futurity.org/gravitationa...ies-1168132-2/

Well here I thought that it'd be a life-time before we got there...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

We don't even know if these extremely distant objects are still there - given that galaxies tend to have very large and growing black holes at their centre
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      We don't even know if these extremely distant objects are still there - given that galaxies tend to have very large and growing black holes at their centre
      The SMBHs won't necessarily devour their galaxies, of course. They may just "hollow out" the center of the galaxy and leave a zone of empty space around them.
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
        The SMBHs won't necessarily devour their galaxies, of course. They may just "hollow out" the center of the galaxy and leave a zone of empty space around them.
        I think we probably don't know as we cannot observe a galaxy that is that old
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          I think we probably don't know as we cannot observe a galaxy that is that old
          I'll go with Tyson, et al., for the math then.
          Hyperwar, Whats New
          World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
            I'll go with Tyson, et al., for the math then.
            And which is only provisional, covers the early life of an active galaxy and as Tyson himself is quoted as saying could "change as more information is uncovered"

Comment

That applies to anything.
              Hyperwar, Whats New
              World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                http://www.futurity.org/gravitationa...ies-1168132-2/

Well here I thought that it'd be a life-time before we got there...
                Too bad, given that the fanatical Hawaiins want the observatories removed from their "holy" mountains.

Interesting discovery, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X