Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic scientific expedition delayed by worst summer sea ice "in 20 years."

Must be the Gore Effect...
    Arctic expedition to study global warming put on hold because of too much ice
    Anthony Watts / 20 hours ago July 22, 2015

This is funny:
    “According to a Coast Guard officer, the icy conditions “are the “worst he’s seen in 20 years

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/07/2...-too-much-ice/
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

See, the warming causes the ice to thicken in self-defense.

Well-know fact.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Actually, the thickening of the ice removes the "cold" from the air and makes it warmer.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        Arctic expedition to study global warming put on hold because of too much ice
        Ooops! No scientific papers published for that expedition.

What a waste of global warming research money...

Do you think they learned anything???
        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
          Ooops! No scientific papers published for that expedition.

What a waste of global warming research money...

Do you think they learned anything???
          Seriously?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Actually, the thickening of the ice removes the "cold" from the air and makes it warmer.
            If the air stays stagnant and colder doesn't replace the "warmer" air, or visa-versa.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I confused a Gorebot recently when he was going on and on about how the icebergs are melting and making the oceans rise.

I filled a cup with ice and filled it completely with water to the top. I asked him to keep watching it and let me know when the cup overflowed. To this day he is still insisting that there was some trick I was not telling him.

Anyone want to chip in for an Archimedes book as a present so I can put him out of his misery?
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                I confused a Gorebot recently when he was going on and on about how the icebergs are melting and making the oceans rise.

I filled a cup with ice and filled it completely with water to the top. I asked him to keep watching it and let me know when the cup overflowed. To this day he is still insisting that there was some trick I was not telling him.

Anyone want to chip in for an Archimedes book as a present so I can put him out of his misery?
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Will you take pennies?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The other part of your demo is the ice sheets over land masses, most notabily Antarctica and Greenland, these aren't displacing water levels of the World's Ocean (note: All oceans are connected. Earth has only One Ocean technically.). Though case has been made that their "continental" crustal plates are depressed and lossing weight of ice upon them, they might also rise and effect Ocean level ...

That minor technicallity aside,

Good one!

Science and logic again thwart "faith".

[Damn! Too soon to rep again, will try to remember.]

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      The other part of your demo is the ice sheets over land masses, most notabily Antarctica and Greenland, these aren't displacing water levels of the World's Ocean (note: All oceans are connected. Earth has only One Ocean technically.). Though case has been made that their "continental" crustal plates are depressed and lossing weight of ice upon them, they might also rise and effect Ocean level ...

That minor technicallity aside,

Good one!

Science and logic again thwart "faith".

[Damn! Too soon to rep again, will try to remember.]
                      The key was he pinned himself by saying "icebergs" which is a common fallacy amongst Gorebots. But I did have a backup should he be so wise. We all know...but will keep silent until the right moment to frustrate another Gorebot.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The funny thing is that he was too stupid to figure out your "trick" (the ice that raises sea level is on the continent, not melting in the water) but the point is still completely valid for "sea ice" that is not on the land.

Wish I could have seen his face...

Nice one!
                        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Was only a few years ago ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X