Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Aliens will look like humans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    ?????????????????????Does Doc have horns??????????????

He has one in his car... !!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I would have to say "No", because they were the top of the food chain and did not require higher intelligence to survive.

Homo saps did.

I tend to agree but you are ruling out environmental changes just shy of extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        He has one in his car... !!
        BOOOOOOOOOO!
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          I tend to agree but you are ruling out environmental changes just shy of extinction.
          Not really, just focusing on the primary reason that reptiles did not need higher brain functions.

Evidence seems pretty clear that the giant reptiles would not have survived the climate changes of the past anyway, but it's intriguing to think of an intelligent reptilian species on a par with or superior to our own.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"What if the Cretaceous-Tertiary impact that ended the reign of the Dinosaurs never occurred? Would these magnificent creatures, which could only be described by superlatives, still be walking the Earth? Would these creatures have gone on to evolve intelligence and perhaps a technological civilization? It is perhaps the greatest question concerning an alternative evolutionary history of life on Earth."
            http://farfuturehorizons.blogspot.co...-dinosaur.html

"An interpretation of Conway Morris’s argument is that (1) the human body shape really is the best shape for intelligence and sentience, and (2) convergence is so rampant throughout life on Earth that it very likely extends to life on other planets too. Point (2) may be reasonable, but point (1) seems less so. Dawkins is quoted as saying that Conway Morris’s argument “is not to be dismissed”. No, sorry, that’s not how it works. It doesn’t matter if Conway Morris is the world’s bestest ever expert on… whatever he’s the world’s bestest ever expert on: he can still be wrong, or hold questionable opinions, just like the rest of us. If I may use a Carl Sagan quote, there are no authorities, only experts, and there are many who think that Conway Morris’s argument about the inevitability of humans or humanoids is only an opinion, and a dodgy, biased one at that. Our body shape clearly works well for an intelligent, tool-using, sentient animal, but where is the convincing evidence that it is the only possible body shape for such a creature, or the most likely one to evolve in distantly related, or unrelated, organisms? I’m afraid I can’t help but see promotion of ‘magic human syndrome’ in Conway Morris’s arguments (this being the widespread belief that humans are the most wonderful, most perfect creatures in all of existence)."
            http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzool...art-dinosaurs/
            Quite possible, in fact maybe probable, considering that "Earth-like" worlds in other star systems likely won't be exactly "like" Earth; i.e. a "second planet" sized satellite/moon with it's tidal effects and/or Plate Tectonics of two diverse types of crust producing deep trenching and high mountain ranges as result of plate "collisions". Basically worlds with "milder" and less dramatic geology and climatogy than seen on Earth.

This is part of what I'm addressing in the "Earth is not the Metric" thread. The two "abnormal" factors of a large satellite/Moon and Plate Tectonics (dicotomy) would seem to be factors not always considered by the "exobiologists".

The concept of reptilian form "humanoids" is something broached back in 1984-1985 in the TV series "V", about an Alien/ET conquest of Earth;
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%281984_TV_series%29

The concept also has some traction among a faction of UFOlogy, advocated by David Icke, et. al., that the "Reptilians" are here already and secretly running things behind the scenes;
            http://www.davidicke.com/
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke
            Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

This is for the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                This is for the birds!
                Are you offended because we left out the bees?

Comment

Are you offended because we left out the bees?
                  Speaking of "bees" I happen to be a HoneyBee Keeper, novice, and had last year's starter Hive abscond!
                  http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=148138
                  Story for another time and place, but ...

... point being an occassional "anomalous event" does not a trend make ...

Taken in past context plus AWAITED future variations, then the Present gains historical perspective ...
                  Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

This is for the birds!
                    Sorry, but it's part of the Matrix of the Meme that revolves around ET Speculation and possible ET encounter.

If uncomfortable with the TV fictions or UFO allusions, ignore them and focused on other factors of the question/concept you are more comfortable with.

Did either Jesus Christ or Mohammad have an incarnation on any nearby planet/star system with humanoid like life on it?

How does the message of the Old Testament~New Testament~Koran~Buddhism~Hindu~Wickian~Etc. translate on say Alpha Centauri III or Epsilon Endi IV?

Just a couple for examples ...

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      Sorry, but it's part of the Matrix of the Meme that revolves around ET Speculation and possible ET encounter.

If uncomfortable with the TV fictions or UFO allusions, ignore them and focused on other factors of the question/concept you are more comfortable with.

Did either Jesus Christ or Mohammad have an incarnation on any nearby planet/star system with humanoid like life on it?

How does the message of the Old Testament~New Testament~Koran~Buddhism~Hindu~Wickian~Etc. translate on say Alpha Centauri III or Epsilon Endi IV?

Just a couple for examples ...
                      What would ET's god be like?

Comment

That whooshing sound was my joke going right over your heads...

Birds are the modern ancestors of dinosaurs... Hint, hint. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge...

Comment

That whooshing sound was my joke going right over your heads...

Birds are the modern ancestors of dinosaurs... Hint, hint. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge...
                          I don't know if you have noticed but every time you make a joke people think there is some ulterior motive.

Comment

I wonder if aliens think about this stuff?
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              I wonder if aliens think about this stuff?
                              I bet they do and then some. I'm crossing fingers their sense of humor is beyond ours.

Comment

What would ET's god be like?
                                Maybe try Gawds? We Hu-mans have more than one version(s).

Comment

Working...
                                X