Global Warming a Hoax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
    They don't have enough bandwidth left - it ha s all been 'charted out'.

welcome to the 'lost church of the anti science chanting'....
    Oh, I live in Missouri, I hear that **** all the time.

"If we came from the sea why is there still fish in the sea?"
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

• Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
      Okay, that enough data. AGW is confirmed. Mods, please lock this thread.
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      "IT'S ALL JUNK SCIENCE..."
      The Doctor
      Originally posted by marktwain View Post
      They don't have enough bandwidth left - it ha s all been 'charted out'.

welcome to the 'lost church of the anti science chanting'....
      Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

That's easy...

Tan'e and Rongo-rongo have rewarded the simple fishes people for their rock solid faith, while evolution is our punishment for Agnostic questioning.

we are banned from the undersea kingdoms....
        Attached Files
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          The proxy data also often have very sparse sample rates. Their Nyquist frequencies are much lower than instrumental data.
          This is my blah blah blah boiled down to a nutshell.

Thanks Doc, for summarizing.

It's always good to show the math/science as it provide good study topics for those that wish to understand the scientific details of the arguments presented on the forums and elsewhere. It's also a good refresher for me, as I had not actually looked at the Nyquist equation for a number of years even though I'm clear on the concept.

It's an easy equation to carry around in your head and it also clearly shows how "oversampling" the data stream produces gibberish as has been demonstrated experimentally.
          Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
            This is my blah blah blah boiled down to a nutshell.

Thanks Doc, for summarizing.

It's always good to show the math/science as it provide good study topics for those that wish to understand the scientific details of the arguments presented on the forums and elsewhere. It's also a good refresher for me, as I had not actually looked at the Nyquist equation for a number of years even though I'm clear on the concept.

It's an easy equation to carry around in your head and it also clearly shows how "oversampling" the data stream produces gibberish as has been demonstrated experimentally.
            Nyquist and Murphy are the Gods of seismic data processing...
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Tell them: Because even aquatic rednecks had to eat something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Tell them: Because even aquatic rednecks had to eat something.
                Meh, they think crawdads are sea food.
                Hyperwar, Whats New
                World War II Resources

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  I love you like a brother Nick... And in our family, that meant a lifetime of teasing, insults and a bit of brawling. However, I don't have any interest in teaching or proselytizing. I just like to ridicule Gorebots, Enviromarxists and the word I promised not to use anymore even though it was an accurate neologism.

If your posts are about ridiculing the silly extreme left, I applaud you, but your posts don't belong here.

If your posts are about true science, you need to remove any political labelling of people who post counter to your POV.

I bet far more people would agree with your POV if you had been more courteous and less aggressive. Try a more Christian approach. You may get results beyond your expectations.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

If your posts are about ridiculing the silly extreme left, I applaud you, but your posts don't belong here.

If your posts are about true science, you need to remove any political labelling of people who post counter to your POV.

I bet far more people would agree with your POV if you had been more courteous and less aggressive. Try a more Christian approach. You may get results beyond your expectations.
                    No fun in that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

Quid pro quo, lad.

ACC/AGW is nothing but politics, no science involved, so topic alone shouldn't be here per your standards. However, as we've seen, the questionable claims of science from the ACC/AGW "proponents" isn't convincing science nor "settled", and looks not to be as urgent an issue as it's "true believers" try to tell us (Big clue, none of them are living a lifestyle that matches the spiel they rant ).

I and you have been on forums long enough to know that those whom post a position seldom do an about face. The give and take is for those whom read but don't post, to help them have a full range of available information on the topic.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        I and you have been on forums long enough to know that those whom post a position seldom do an about face. The give and take is for those whom read but don't post, to help them have a full range of available information on the topic.
                        As a scientist myself I am willing to reverse my position on any topic given actual information that refutes my understanding that actually passes acute scientific scrutiny.

In the case of AGW, that crowd hasn't done this in 30 years of making up bad science. At no point has any of their claims been supported by real data, data sampling methods and statistical analysis of that data.

Some of us know the difference between science and BS and politics is not a factor in our decision making process.
                        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
                          As a scientist myself I am willing to reverse my position on any topic given actual information that refutes my understanding that actually passes acute scientific scrutiny.

In the case of AGW, that crowd hasn't done this in 30 years of making up bad science. At no point has any of their claims been supported by real data, data sampling methods and statistical analysis of that data.

Some of us know the difference between science and BS and politics is not a factor in our decision making process.
                          Yep...

In the case of AGW, the underlying scientific theory is valid: Carbon dioxide is a so-called greenhouse gas. Without the so-called greenhouse effect, Earth's surface would be ~30°C cooler than it is.

I say "so-called" because it doesn’t work like a greenhouse, which retards convective cooling. So-called greenhouse gasses absorb and re-radiate certain bandwidths of outgoing IR radiation. Most of the greenhouse effect is caused by water vapor.

All other factors held equal, each doubling of the atmospheric CO2 concentration will warm the lower atmosphere by about 1°C. The problems start with the fact that all other factors are never held equal and lack of sufficiently long-term modern instrumental records.

For 30+ years, the so-called scientific consensus has clung to a paradigm that the "all other factors" (feedback) will amplify the greenhouse effect by a factor of 3-4. The have clung to this paradigm despite the fact that it has failed every time it has been tested. 30+ years of observations and empirical testing indicate that the feeback factor is between 0.25 and 2. This low sensitivity is consistent with the geologic record... This is why geoscientists have steadfastly remained the most skeptical segment of the scientific community.

Comment

• More "science" meddling in "politics" ...
                            Scientists seek international authority on climate geoengineering

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-see...155225716.html

Comment

• How many of you guys belong to the Flat Earth Society?
                              Hyperwar, Whats New
                              World War II Resources

Comment

How many of you guys belong to the Flat Earth Society?
                                Only the ones supporting ACC/AGW

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X