The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Beautiful yesterday and today. Maybe some bad weather rolling in from the big storm in California, but we are amply prepared for whatever happens.

Although I felt sorry to the homes owners, I could not help laughing out loud this morning as I watched a home collapse from heavy surf washing away the foundations, while the person filming it stood in front of a sign that read clearly WASHAWAY BEACH!

Naturally, the first statement pout of their mouths was "We're gonna rebuild"!

Of course you are, Skippy - you can't fix stupid...

The weather folks were calling it the storm of the century. The SF school district canceled school due to rain! I can't remember the last time they closed schools in SF for weather.
    It's a good thing it rarely snow here.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• It's always "the storm of the century" in California. I went to high school in El Cerrito, it rained a lot,. and the fancy homes kept sliding down the sides of nearby Albany Hill, but that never stopped anybody, and we did not get any "rain days" from school, either....never. We didn't get any "quake days" or "psychis trauma" days either, not even when my nest friend committed suicide. It was business as usual, no shrines, no flowers or stuffed animals, no candlelight vigils and no grief counselors to massage our delicate psyches.

Hard to believe we're talking about the same state of California as the one I went to high school and college in.

I am reminded constantly of the military dictum of the Four P's:

**** Poor Prior Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part...nor is it a matter of concern.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• -25 degrees celcius around Edmonton,Alberta

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X