The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Good to know, but here in the Rockies, very little is located anywhere near a corner stake, especially in towns, and I can promise you that you won't find many corner stakes in the Phantom Canyon.

I don't think they ran sections and townships in the remote mountains. They're still trying to finish Alaska. To find your property, using the legal property description on your deed, a section corner is usually needed.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I still can't imagine why a surveyor would need help reading a GPS unit - anybody can do it.
    It's not the reading but the finding.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

• It was nice here today, 66 at 3 PM after yesterday's all day rain. I had PLANNED to go fishing. HA. I am stuck in the house with either the flu or a bad cold-or both. I'll find out this week. Can't get in to the doctor, we have an epidemic around here.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BLOODY cold today - only 22 with a wind chill of -13 degrees last night and not a whole lot better today.

One of the few times I have seen the Arkansas River frozen over completely.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
          I don't think they ran sections and townships in the remote mountains. They're still trying to finish Alaska. To find your property, using the legal property description on your deed, a section corner is usually needed.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]

It's not the reading but the finding.
          I did that with the corner posts of our mountain home. It's more fun to look for useless tiny objects with no purpose.

Comment

• It is 8:35 PM Central time. Around 4ish we had a tornado blow by. More storms and heavy rain coming. First snow for so many weeks, warm weather(right now it is almost 70) heavy rain, tornadoes, and now more heavy rain and storms, possibly tornadoes. What tomorrow afternoon? Possibly heavy freezing rain!

Comment

• We've been having very odd weather in Cali. We've been having freezing temps and snow!

Californians deal with freezing temps, snow
              http://www.cbs8.com/story/20571622/c...ing-temps-snow

There's gonna be snow in the Santa Cruz mountains...

Cold Yet To Bring Snow To Santa Cruz Mountains
              January 10, 2013 11:06 AM
              http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ruz-mountains/
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• That is wild to me. I don't remember in recent history that happening. Its been a while since L.A. had snow.
                Welcome to our weather thread Sunshine.

Comment

• Still very cold here - 18 degrees today and windy. We attack Canada tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    We've been having very odd weather in Cali. We've been having freezing temps and snow!
                    I've never seen Grapevine closed due to snow so many times as it has this year.

Low teens in Denver. Was -15 in Rawlins, WY this morning.
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                      I've never seen Grapevine closed due to snow so many times as it has this year.

They had SR17 shut down briefly at the Summit due to snow! That has never happened...at least not that I can recall.
                      I guess they were being careful. A lot of rigs take that road in and out of Santa Cruz.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• 16 degrees this morning and a light layer of snow. High wind warnings in effect.

Comment

• Was about 17 degrees here this morning. About 10:30 we had a tiny bit of snow AND sun.

Now things are cloudy, 23 degrees. And when I went to get the mail, I noticed how still everything was, no wind whatsoever.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• 22 I was told here. Inside it is 70. I still have a robe and pajamas on. I am cold. Which is rare.

Comment

• Sunny and milder today - mid- 30's.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                                22 I was told here. Inside it is 70. I still have a robe and pajamas on. I am cold. Which is rare.
                                Put you underpants on ya dang fool. No wonder your cold.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X