The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60's this weekend. May go fishing.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 57, partly sunny, very nice! Pax wants to go geocaching!
      ...and I want to play "hide the pig..."
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• WTF is geocaching?
        Warm and Warmer, Chance of Severe T-Storms Thursday, 80%. Flooding maybe before Sunday. 24" of snowmelt, and at least 3" of rain. Lovely. If there is 4 hours between rains, I will go fishing.

Comment

• Was -21 (without windchill) when I went through Evanston, WY last week. Anything below 0 is just plain COLD.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
            WTF is geocaching?
            Warm and Warmer, Chance of Severe T-Storms Thursday, 80%. Flooding maybe before Sunday. 24" of snowmelt, and at least 3" of rain. Lovely. If there is 4 hours between rains, I will go fishing.
            Using multi-million dollar satellites to locate Tupperware hidden in the woods.

Comment

• Average for Dec and Jan has been above average. 40s during the day and not even into the 30s at night.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Eh?? That is weird.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Using multi-million dollar satellites to locate Tupperware hidden in the woods.

Comment

• It has been WELL below average last few weeks. And all the snow. These last 3 days above average, 66 on Friday, severe t-storms tonight and tomorrow, and today while moving a chair into my parents home, I saw a big robin. It is JAN. 9th!!!

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Average for Dec and Jan has been above average. 40s during the day and not even into the 30s at night.

Comment

• http://www.geocaching.com/

It's fun for surveyors since it's good practice for finding section corners that were initially placed in the 1800's.

50's and rain in Rice Hill, OR.

Comment

• I'll tell my cousin's teenage son who's studying Civil Engineering. He'd enjoy it.

Comment

• Today: cruddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                          http://www.geocaching.com/

It's fun for surveyors since it's good practice for finding section corners that were initially placed in the 1800's.

50's and rain in Rice Hill, OR.
                          Can't imagine how it helps surveyors, since private property and fenced off areas are out of bounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Can't imagine how it helps surveyors, since private property and fenced off areas are out of bounds.
                            If we're looking for a section corner, it is usually in conjunction with a boundary survey for a property owner or a large construction project.

Finding a geocache is much like find a buried charred stake used as a section corner.

Geochacheing is very popular in the surveying community and most state surveying associations have their own geocache. We would have a report on our cache at most of our meetings.

Comment

• Sunny with high wind warnings today - Obama must be visiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                                If we're looking for a section corner, it is usually in conjunction with a boundary survey for a property owner or a large construction project.

Finding a geocache is much like find a buried charred stake used as a section corner.

Geochacheing is very popular in the surveying community and most state surveying associations have their own geocache. We would have a report on our cache at most of our meetings.
                                Good to know, but here in the Rockies, very little is located anywhere near a corner stake, especially in towns, and I can promise you that you won't find many corner stakes in the Phantom Canyon.

I still can't imagine why a surveyor would need help reading a GPS unit - anybody can do it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X