No announcement yet.

The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't rub it in Rob. I wish I was watching them too.
    Instead-
    I am basically inside all day. No power from around 2 A.M. til after 3 P.M. The ruler says a wee bit over 16" of snow. Lots of sleet and ice underneath. We had over 60 mph winds, which took out the power. One of the kids measured one of the larger drifts at 3 feet. Lovely weather. And possibly 14-15 degrees tonight.

Originally posted by queensman View Post
    Its a bit wet over here, in fact very wet.
    Hopefully it will be a bit drier when my sons and i go and watch Arsenal play on Wednesday

... .... .. -
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Sorry about that, Reb. Still clear and cold here. Expecting another snow storm over the weekend, but it will be mostly northeast of us again.

Hang in there.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Oh I am. I rode a damn tractor with a blade on it in the cold today. We have to clean our own drive up to many of the homes, our own road basically down to the hard road. And even some of the f--king hard road. County isn't in the chips. Many used tractors, lawn tractors, four-wheelers, all equipped with blades to clean from roads, lanes, drives, walkways from garages to the house, then from there to the mailboxes.
        A long day.

Comment

• I feel for you. I used to use a 4x4 Power Wagon with a plow to help clear 11 miles of dirt roads at 9,000 feet and above. "Challenging" is the word I used to use.

But only a few of us did the work at our expense while rest enjoyed the service, and that's why I don't live there any more.

Comment

• Challenging is correct. These appreciate it. They're all family. Got more snow tonight, and ice and snow Monday.

Comment

• Sunny and warmer today, despite the usual crisis warnings for the weekend.

The perfect job must be as a weatherman in Colorado - no matter how many times they get it completely wrong, they still have their jobs.

Comment

• 49 and clear, warm, away to warm.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  The perfect job must be as a weatherman in Colorado - no matter how many times they get it completely wrong, they still have their jobs.

Just like being in Congress...
                  If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

• Yeah, sounds like congress. We got 8 inches more today, looks like 23-24" out there, bigger drifts, all we did was for naught. And supposed to be 15 tonight, and more snow and maybe ice for Monday. Yippee.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                      Yeah, sounds like congress. We got 8 inches more today, looks like 23-24" out there, bigger drifts, all we did was for naught. And supposed to be 15 tonight, and more snow and maybe ice for Monday. Yippee.
                      Get the BBQ out.. That would be fun to see. I did it when it snowed last year, the kids and neighbours thought i was crazy, but didn't complain when i was handing out hot burgers

... .... .. -

Comment

• Sunny and milder today. Going out for a while, but I'll be thinking warm thoughts for you, Reb!

You could always come to Colorado...

Comment

• Colorado my butt! BBQ? Kids and family may think I am crazy. I live way far in the country. I've bbq'ed before like this. I have a big smoker, and a big bbq.

Comment

Colorado my butt! BBQ? Kids and family may think I am crazy. I live way far in the country. I've bbq'ed before like this. I have a big smoker, and a big bbq.
                            Thats how to do it.
                            I am stuck in here and the heating
                            Is turned up way too high, i have a radiator just inches frm my head, i have to sleep with the window open and another guy got sick because it was too warm.
                            Looks like i am going to miss the new year fun with my family

... .... .. -

Comment

Colorado my butt! BBQ? Kids and family may think I am crazy. I live way far in the country. I've bbq'ed before like this. I have a big smoker, and a big bbq.

"Colorado your butt?" Thanks a lot, Obe-wan. You're the one moaning about the temperature, not me.

I don't stand around bbq'ing in the snow because I have nothing to prove to anybody else. I know people who cut holes in solid ice and leap naked into freezing water, too, but that doesn't mean I have to share their insanity. Any idiot can do things the hard way, just like the cavemen did. There's no challenge in that. I stood around eating and sleeping and crapping in the rain and the snow for twenty years in the Army, and I damned well learned better than to do it for "fun".

It's nice here again today, and I plan to go out and enjoy myself, not suffer like some masochist in a hair shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Colorado your butt?" Thanks a lot, Obe-wan. You're the one moaning about the temperature, not me.

I don't stand around bbq'ing in the snow because I have nothing to prove to anybody else. I know people who cut holes in solid ice and leap naked into freezing water, too, but that doesn't mean I have to share their insanity. Any idiot can do things the hard way, just like the cavemen did. There's no challenge in that. I stood around eating and sleeping and crapping in the rain and the snow for twenty years in the Army, and I damned well learned better than to do it for "fun".

It's nice here again today, and I plan to go out and enjoy myself, not suffer like some masochist in a hair shirt.

You are a bit harsh and a bit me me me. The bbq is between reb and me and is about kids enjoying themselves.
                                Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and you are rich in it.

... .... .. -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X