The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weather Thread

I thought I'd introduce the weather thread. Mostly for MM and I to discuss weather. Reckon we're weather nuts. Imagine today, cloudy, drizzly, 48. I do not envy my cousin. He is an election judge, and has had to be out all damn day. A job I wouldn't volunteer for at all.
    BTW, MM, Desmond's family is pro-coal. They voted for anyone, R or D, who's pro-coal.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one rule about local weather. If any kind of record gets broken, it's always bad.
    Last edited by GCoyote; 05 Apr 13, 19:41.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

60 degrees and gloriously sunny here in the mountains. It's T-shirt weather!

The long Indian Summer is with us, and I love it. Local rancher just harvested his fifth hay harvest of the season on Nov 2nd, a record for this area.

I may go out this afternoon and photograph some of the coal line spurs and grades in the area, or I may just pop a beer and read out on the deck while I air out Pax's pig, Belushi.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
        I have one rule about local weather. If any kind of record get broken, it always bad.
        Not always...

Comment

It is way below normal here, according to cousin Des. It didn't even make 47. I'm cold. He thinks it is funny I keep his fireplace going. But this weekend, warmer even near 70. Then back to being cold and rainy. Ugh.

Comment

Freezing, blowing a gale and p*ssing down - but you knew that, considering where I live.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Yeah. My grandpa used to tell me about his grandpa as a boy. He hated it.

Comment

91.5! What a beautiful day! I'm taking the truck up into the mountains this afternoon with my camera! Might go up Phantom Canyon Road to Cripple Creek.

Comment

Now I don't want it THAT hot. 70 is fine. But going to the mountains, now I'd like that.

Comment

Early morning, 57 and rising, not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday was GREAT!! Today will be great as well, but no trips today - the Honey Do list beckons me.

Comment

It has been near 70 today, I jumped off a ledge, landed on a rock and my heel is screaming, and I have gigs all weekend. I'll be back-when it turns off chilly-AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                        It has been near 70 today, I jumped off a ledge, landed on a rock and my heel is screaming, and I have gigs all weekend. I'll be back-when it turns off chilly-AGAIN

You jumped of the the ledge because it was 70? See no relation to your injury.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

No, I have gigs all weekend. If it keeps up, the pain will force me to sit on a stool.

Comment

Cool and cloudy today, and yesterday it rained for awhile. 57 degrees outside right now.

You're getting too old to be jumping around like that, reb!
                            It is entirely possible to fracture your heel bone - did you know that?

This is an extreme example for illustration purposes:

Comment

Woke up to a light dusting of snow here in The Springs.

Seems winter is a bit late everywhere. Haven't had to chain up once yet.
                              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X