Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Newspapers

Hello!

I found this very interesting feature on google called ''News Archive'' which consists of several hundreds of different publications that Google has scanned and made accessible.

There is a big variety of newspapers and for the most part they are written in english and published in the 20th century(there are some that are from the 18th century!).

Personnally im ''researching'' about WW2 and think there is some very instructive reading(correct usage of the word insutrctive?) to be foundd.

Hope you find it as useful as me!

Link: http://news.google.com/newspapers
    התקווה

I've found it interesting as to how events are described at the time they occur as opposed to what we know now. It can be eye opening.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Comment

The Oklahoma History Center has a large archive of news papers and other written material. It goes back to pre land run 1889. Really lucky that we have people that care for thses portals in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle View Post
          Hello!

I found this very interesting feature on google called ''News Archive'' which consists of several hundreds of different publications that Google has scanned and made accessible.

There is a big variety of newspapers and for the most part they are written in english and published in the 20th century(there are some that are from the 18th century!).

Personnally im ''researching'' about WW2 and think there is some very instructive reading(correct usage of the word insutrctive?) to be foundd.

Hope you find it as useful as me!

Link: http://news.google.com/newspapers
          Great resource!.............

Philip
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X