Maj. Winters in Normandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maj. Winters in Normandy

I'm reading Beyond Band of Brothers - the war memoirs of Major Dick Winters. I want to do a graphical representation of his movements in his first battle where he took out the German artillery on D-Day.

Does anyone know where I can get a rough sketch or map of the area as it was on June 6, 1944? With his account, along with one or two others I have, I can put together a cool map project, I think.

Thanks!

-M

I would start by using Google Earth. Considering the other WW2 battlefields I've been to, the terrain should not have changed in too drastic a measure.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels898
      Hello !
      I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
      You can bet on it!

May I be the 1 st to welcome you to ACG. Thanks for joining our great group of people from around the world.

ACG does have an introduction thread where you can fully introduce yourself.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        You can bet on it!

May I be the 1 st to welcome you to ACG. Thanks for joining our great group of people from around the world.

ACG does have an introduction thread where you can fully introduce yourself.
        Meh. It's a spammer.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X