741st tank battalion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 741st tank battalion

I have been in the process of comiling the most complete history of the 741st tank battalion. If anyone should happen to have anything from that unit please contact me, ie photos, letters, diaries, anything that could be scanned or photographed and added to this. I am trying to make this as complete and accurate as possible..
    Dave

Have you tried here...

http://www.military.com/HomePage/Uni...9610%2C00.html
    In Vino Veritas

Comment

and here

http://www.bing.com/reference/semhtm...tank+battalion
      In Vino Veritas

Comment

Yep, been there done that as they say

Thanks, I have been through many hours of books, newspaper articles, interviews, NARA, CMH, pretty much anywhere and everywhere. Am now trying to reorganize and ensure I have all the information posted. The more I go through the more information I find that i have not posted, notes I have received in emails, post from the message boards, etc. Now just looking for anything that maybe someone came across somewhere, such as photos, diaries, letters and the like. Sadly as the members pass on, family members only find out details afterwards and someone takes an interest in what happened "over there", and why they would never talk about the experience and this is when I get contacted. As of this time to my knowledge there are only 9 members of the battalion still living.

Anyhow thanks for the replies.

Dave

Comment

My wife's grandfather was a tanker in A company 741st Tank Battalion during the Normandy invasion. He is one of only 2 who survived after his tank sunk. He is still living and I am also very interested in the history of that day. Let me know if I can help at all.

Comment

756th tank battalion?

Does anyone know if parts of the 756th ever became part of the 741st? My father landed at Omaha Beach on D-day, but I understand only the 741st and 743rd landed there. I know he was in England training for months. Since the 756th served in Africa and Italy, and I have no memory of his ever mentioning being in either place, I am wondering how and when he ended up in either the 741st or 743rd. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X