Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunny0231
    replied
    Nor do they do well portraying period Roman soldiers. All I see are Imperials in Lorica Segmata even when fighting Hannibal. Tactics and equipment continually evolved

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by LtCol View Post
    Does it make anyone else angry when suppose intelligent, well educated, and knowledgable political pundits misquote history or get historial facts wrong. It grates my teeth.
    Example: A couple of nights ago I heard a radio talk show...who is VERY proud of his academic awards...say President Eisenhower fired General MacArthur over issues of the Korean War.
    The History Channel reached an all time abysmal low when they portrayed Hannibal Barca as a black man, and I just love it when their so called "experts" cannot pronounce Latin on virtually every show that they have aired in which Rome was a topic.

Leave a comment:

• Vassilli
    replied
    It very sad what happened to the history channel.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I interested .

Leave a comment:

• LtCol
    replied
    March 12, 2012. Went through the local TV guide, the history channel has one, two hour program all week that can be called history. Syfy has one movie that can be called science fiction all week. Two full evenings on both that deal with junk collectors.
    No wonder we're in a mess!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MV64
    replied
    It bothers me as well, and it makes me sad. What bothers me even more is when people intentionally misrepresent history in order to gain some sort of political advantage. Knowledge should not be used as a weapon except against ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• LtCol
    replied
    UFO channel now, history 15 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by LtCol View Post
    Much the pity. I teach history and I know what you wrote is true...but then why do we have a number of history channels on the telley?
    Do you mean the UFO channel?

Originally posted by Wargames Mark View Post
    Ask people about what they think is in the constitution one day.
    Four score and seven years ago...

Leave a comment:

• Wargames Mark
    replied
    Ask people about what they think is in the constitution one day.

Leave a comment:

• LtCol
    replied
    Much the pity. I teach history and I know what you wrote is true...but then why do we have a number of history channels on the telley?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    No one studies history any more except the few remaining eccentrics like us.

Leave a comment:

• LtCol
    started a topic Misquote History

Misquote History

Does it make anyone else angry when suppose intelligent, well educated, and knowledgable political pundits misquote history or get historial facts wrong. It grates my teeth.
    Example: A couple of nights ago I heard a radio talk show...who is VERY proud of his academic awards...say President Eisenhower fired General MacArthur over issues of the Korean War.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X