Misquote History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misquote History

Does it make anyone else angry when suppose intelligent, well educated, and knowledgable political pundits misquote history or get historial facts wrong. It grates my teeth.
    Example: A couple of nights ago I heard a radio talk show...who is VERY proud of his academic awards...say President Eisenhower fired General MacArthur over issues of the Korean War.

No one studies history any more except the few remaining eccentrics like us.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Much the pity. I teach history and I know what you wrote is true...but then why do we have a number of history channels on the telley?

Comment

Ask people about what they think is in the constitution one day.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCol View Post
          Much the pity. I teach history and I know what you wrote is true...but then why do we have a number of history channels on the telley?
          Do you mean the UFO channel?

Originally posted by Wargames Mark View Post
          Ask people about what they think is in the constitution one day.
          Four score and seven years ago...
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

UFO channel now, history 15 years ago.

Comment

It bothers me as well, and it makes me sad. What bothers me even more is when people intentionally misrepresent history in order to gain some sort of political advantage. Knowledge should not be used as a weapon except against ignorance.
              Check out my e-book: The Spanish American War: A Brief History, available at Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and other retailers.

Comment

March 12, 2012. Went through the local TV guide, the history channel has one, two hour program all week that can be called history. Syfy has one movie that can be called science fiction all week. Two full evenings on both that deal with junk collectors.
                No wonder we're in a mess!!!!

Comment

I interested .

Comment

It very sad what happened to the history channel.
                    "There is no justice among men."- Tsar Nicholas II

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Comment

Originally posted by LtCol View Post
                      Does it make anyone else angry when suppose intelligent, well educated, and knowledgable political pundits misquote history or get historial facts wrong. It grates my teeth.
                      Example: A couple of nights ago I heard a radio talk show...who is VERY proud of his academic awards...say President Eisenhower fired General MacArthur over issues of the Korean War.
                      The History Channel reached an all time abysmal low when they portrayed Hannibal Barca as a black man, and I just love it when their so called "experts" cannot pronounce Latin on virtually every show that they have aired in which Rome was a topic.
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Nor do they do well portraying period Roman soldiers. All I see are Imperials in Lorica Segmata even when fighting Hannibal. Tactics and equipment continually evolved
                        Don't even try too out-weird me, pal, I get stranger things than you for free in my breakfast cereal!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X