World War II HQ Telephone Call Transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War II HQ Telephone Call Transcripts

Here is a question regarding U.S. headquarters records that I hope someone may have some insight about:

I have run across a few transcripts of phone conversations between senior generals (Patton and Bradley, Patton and Smith, for instance, in the Patton Papers at the LC). I figure that the HQ files probably have more of these, since sometimes a commander would want a record of what he was told to do or what he discussed.

Does anyone know if there is a way to locate transcripts of headquarters phone conversations in the National Archives? Alternatively, who would keep those - the Adjutant General, the Signal Corps, or someone else?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - transcripts would have a lot of historical value if they were not burned when the war ended.

Thanks,
    Jon
    "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
    -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

GHQ Liaison Regiment

It is worth checking out the files of GHQ Liaison Regiment and SIAM as they often intercepted communications of High Command...

With best wishes

Asher

http://pirtonline.org/default.aspx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X