Clear All

• vikram72
    replied
    thanks many thanks indeed.

Leave a comment:

• K_B
    replied
    Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
    Great Find,Zemlekop.Can't wait to check some of these out.Wish I could read German.The one's in German look really interesting
    Originally posted by Airchallenged View Post
    Nice find. There is some cool stuff there I also wish I could read the German ones...

Gentlemen, I believe Google has a translation assistant that can include the entire page.

Leave a comment:

• Cap. Teancum
    replied
    Great find, I'm dowloading most of them, just in case one day it's not free anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Janos
    replied
    Wow, thanks...I'll be checking these out for sure!

Leave a comment:

• mirrorshades
    replied
    Good stuff. Here's a link to some older ones, American War for Independence-era:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject:"United%20States%20--%20History%20Revolution,%201775-1783%20Regimental%20histories"

EDIT: Hm... didn't auto-linkey it. Here's an alternate way to get there: http://tinyurl.com/ypad3l

Leave a comment:

• PzKfwBob
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, nothing like free stuff that's actually interesting.

Leave a comment:

• thomas.tmcc
    replied
    interesting stuff ..

Leave a comment:

• Warlord
    replied
    It's truly good stuff! Thank you, mate!

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    I found some German and British ones written immediately after WW1. Rather funny when read with hindsight.

Leave a comment:

• Airchallenged
    replied
    Nice find. There is some cool stuff there I also wish I could read the German ones...

Leave a comment:

• Scout32
    replied
    Great Find,Zemlekop.Can't wait to check some of these out.Wish I could read German.The one's in German look really interesting

Leave a comment:

• Zemlekop
    started a topic Downloadable copyright-expired books

Downloadable copyright-expired books

I was looking at Google books, and this came up as one of their "random subjects" Military Art and Science. These should all be downloadable. There's some fascinating stuff there as well as some snafus--The Principles of Sanitary Tactics, which I did actually want to look at, turns out to be the The Birth of Roland

I also want to look at some of the books on "modern warfare" that just predate WWI. I'm sure there are some salutary lessons there.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X