Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey's Contribution in WW1

As the website says:

Given the overall backwardness of the Empire, the Turkish record in the First World War was an astounding achievement. The Turks of 1914-18, that "golden generation", fought on many different fronts, but have not had much of a presence on the internet. This web site aims at filling a gap by adding a Turkish perspective to the history of this great conflict. It is based on Turkish resources, for the benefit and enjoyment of history enthusiasts all over the world.
    This is the only English website about the Ottoman Turkish Army in WW1. Some parts are still under construction but will be up in a short time.

http://www.turkeyswar.com/

Best Regards
    Fatih
    "A nation which makes the final sacrifice for life and freedom does not get beaten." - Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Thanks for the link. I have been interested in the Turkish contributions to WW I ever since I learned about the campaign at Gallipoli.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

is there something wrong with the link?

cheers
      "Full of pride and sorrow..."

Comment

Originally posted by Rixnakos
        is there something wrong with the link?

cheers
        I think there is It said the page couldn't be shown

Comment

Hmmmm. It worked for me, both yesterday and just now.
          "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

yup, it works afterall...

interesting site Fatih (especially the part about Enver Pasa)...

cheers
            "Full of pride and sorrow..."

Comment

Thanks for the link. I've always wondered what Trukey did in the First World War other than Galipoli and the campaings in the near east.

Jeff

Originally posted by fatih
              As the website says:

This is the only English website about the Ottoman Turkish Army in WW1. Some parts are still under construction but will be up in a short time.

http://www.turkeyswar.com/

Best Regards
              Fatih

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X