The Secret History of Dayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret History of Dayton

The National Security Archive has a new article posted about the 1995 U.S. Diplomacy and the Bosnia Peace Process, which also includes the original now-declassified report in .pdf format. Chapter 3 is especially interesting where it gets into some military history.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
    The National Security Archive has a new article posted about the 1995 U.S. Diplomacy and the Bosnia Peace Process, which also includes the original now-declassified report in .pdf format. Chapter 3 is especially interesting where it gets into some military history.
    Nah the interesting part is the calander....to me anyway.... Friday November 3rd 1995. I was at the museum that morning (it may have be on Thursday also...hey it was ten years ago). In the "modern flight" hanger there is a large area right when you come in that they set up chairs/tables/stage/whatever. I've seen them use it for several things. That day it was set up with large tables and they were spread really far apart, like a really wide V. There was a podeum at the narrow part. Lots of guys in suits running around talking. I over heard some of them discussing how "these guys won't ride the elevator together and don't like to be in the same room with each other". I remember thinking how cool it was at the time because I knew they were on the base at the Hope Hotel for the talks.

At the time when you walked into the hanger immediately to the left was an F117 and beyond it a B-52. I wonder if that was thought through as a reminder or if it was coincidence, like I said, I've seen that area set up for "occassions" more than once.
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X