Army National Guard Rolls Out New Modular Unit Designations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army National Guard Rolls Out New Modular Unit Designations

ARLINGTON, Va. (10/5/2005) — The National Guard Bureau today formally announced the designations of the new modular brigades that will be the basis for the transformed Army National Guard.

The announcement comes in conjunction with an announcement today by the Army’s Chief of Military History at the Association of the U.S. Army convention in Washington, D.C., that lays down the new modular structure for all components of the Army.

story @ The Military Family Network

Nice PowerPoint presentation at the end showing it all.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Interesting and thanks for posting this. My Dad's old unit, the 37th Infantry Division's patch is coming back for the Ohio Guard's 37th Infantry BCT. The Buckeyes are back!
    Blackcloud6

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcloud6
      My Dad's old unit, the 37th Infantry Division's patch is coming back for the Ohio Guard's 37th Infantry BCT. The Buckeyes are back!
      Got a pic or a link handy?
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
        Got a pic or a link handy?
        37th Infantry Division Patch
        Attached Files
        Andy "Weeble" Weaver

Research, Reference and Historical Study

Illud Latine dici non potest

Comment

Great, now I have to re-do all of my OBs, both for the old units before they disappear and the new units when they come up.

konev

Comment

Originally posted by Article
            six Fires Brigades, 10 Combat Support Brigades (Maneuver Enhancement), 11 Sustainment Brigades,
            What are fires and sustainment brigades?

Comment

Originally posted by neon
              What are fires and sustainment brigades?
              Fire Brigades are Artillery and Sustainment Brigades are logistics and support.
              "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Grenze
                Fire Brigades are Artillery and Sustainment Brigades are logistics and support.
                Thanks for the certification.

Comment

Great, the Army has already said they don't have any money to implement changes in the National Guard and yet the Guard is forging ahead? The Army also is planning on having smaller Attack Aviation battalions in the Guard, which contradicts the law quoted and yet no response from the Guard?

These Combined Action Battalions are a combination of Mechanized and Armor Companies. Instead of re-assigning Armor Companies from present Armor Battalions or using their personnel to create the smaller companies, they are going to convert Infantry Companies to M-1 Tanks?

This does not make a lot of sense. The National Guard will be combat ineffective for years if they go this route. Maybe that is the real plan?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Jim,

I could not get the presentation to download, could you tell me what the designations for Louisiana are?

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X