Howdy from a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Avalon,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am enjoying the site already, bouncing between this site and the cardmodels site lol. I have already dropped a few emails to friends of mine who I know enjoy wargaming in the card model forum, and I am sure they will be joining soon.
    I was suprised to see that you were unaware of cardmodeling in that alot of games have card models of some sort, maybe not as detailed as some of the higher end card models, (and I mean more detailed when I say Higher end), but some of the games use card models just the same. If you can think of anything.....and I do mean anything, that has been modeled in plastic, chances are there is also a model of it in paper.
    I saw a game of the popular tv series "Stargate SG1" online the otherday which has a model of the stargate. I listed a link to miniture armor tank models above, as well as links to space launch vehicle, both real and imaginary and ships including aircraft carriers and missile frigates and of course my personal favorite.....aircraft.
    There are life size models of the hand phasers from both the old star trek series and star trek TNG all for free download. There are dakar off road trucks, cars of any type you can name and even tractor trailor trucks and for train enthusiast, all sorts of trains, trams and trolleys from the earliest types to modern day deisel electric locomotives to high speed bullet trains.
    There are models of landmarks like the world trade center, statue of liberty, white house, eiffel tower etc..., if you can name it, there is a model of it.
    Anyway, I know I am long winded lol, but its really hard to explain how good paper can look......especially when you see it and would swear that the model you are looking at is plastic or die cast.
    And they are all printed out on home computers and assembled. There are publishers which you can order them from overseas in europe, where the high cost of plastic kits never caught on. They have been modeling in paper there for a very long time.
    Anyway, enough for now, I am beginnning to ramble. Again, ty for the welcome and have a nice day,

Greg aka GW
    My username is my initials GEE=G DUBBYA=W (GW) and with my avatar, I outrank all these other avatars with generals on em' .

Comment

Welcome aboard, GEEDUBBYA!

An interesting hobby.

Ya might wanna tell your buds that it's not just wargaming over here.

It'sa bout military history as well.

Many here are not avid gamers, but rather historians & history nutz (me).

Stop on by the historical sections & jump on in.

Last edited by Admiral; 06 Oct 05, 19:17.
      On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Howdy Admiral...uh Sir! *snappy salute*

Thank you for "piping me aboard", The forum is very "ship shape" from what I have seen so far.
        Yes I noticed there were History buffs here and there are alot over at the other forum I also attend, where as this forum has "name that plane", the other forum is running a thread called "what am I?" But they are all about the same, mostly aircraft. Which is right up my alley! lol.
        Anyway, Thank you again for the welcome I am glad to be here.

Have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
        My username is my initials GEE=G DUBBYA=W (GW) and with my avatar, I outrank all these other avatars with generals on em' .

Comment

GW should get a meritorius promotion. What a great addition to the forum!

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Howdy Guys ,

Thanks for puttin me up for promotion, but with a name like GEEDUBBYA think "POTUS" and look at my avatar, I think I have about the highest rank I can get and not be in the military lol j/j.
            I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words,

ya'll have a good good evening, I gotta go to work

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

Comment

Thanks Golf Whisky, over

That TKS 20mm FK has solved a problem I have had about creating an "Axis v Allies" chess set. I now have pawns to face the Axis CV.35s.

When you see the size you truly appreciate the bravery of the crews!
              Andy "Weeble" Weaver

Research, Reference and Historical Study

Illud Latine dici non potest

Comment

Originally posted by GEEDUBBYA
                Howdy Avalon,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am enjoying the site already, bouncing between this site and the cardmodels site lol. I have already dropped a few emails to friends of mine who I know enjoy wargaming in the card model forum, and I am sure they will be joining soon.
                I was suprised to see that you were unaware of cardmodeling in that alot of games have card models of some sort, maybe not as detailed as some of the higher end card models, (and I mean more detailed when I say Higher end), but some of the games use card models just the same. If you can think of anything.....and I do mean anything, that has been modeled in plastic, chances are there is also a model of it in paper.
                I saw a game of the popular tv series "Stargate SG1" online the otherday which has a model of the stargate. I listed a link to miniture armor tank models above, as well as links to space launch vehicle, both real and imaginary and ships including aircraft carriers and missile frigates and of course my personal favorite.....aircraft.
                There are life size models of the hand phasers from both the old star trek series and star trek TNG all for free download. There are dakar off road trucks, cars of any type you can name and even tractor trailor trucks and for train enthusiast, all sorts of trains, trams and trolleys from the earliest types to modern day deisel electric locomotives to high speed bullet trains.
                There are models of landmarks like the world trade center, statue of liberty, white house, eiffel tower etc..., if you can name it, there is a model of it.
                Anyway, I know I am long winded lol, but its really hard to explain how good paper can look......especially when you see it and would swear that the model you are looking at is plastic or die cast.
                And they are all printed out on home computers and assembled. There are publishers which you can order them from overseas in europe, where the high cost of plastic kits never caught on. They have been modeling in paper there for a very long time.
                Anyway, enough for now, I am beginnning to ramble. Again, ty for the welcome and have a nice day,

Greg aka GW
                Well I'll be... that's just so interesting Greg. Your explanation is much appreciated not long-winded at all. I really didn't know about it and it's really great stuff. Yeah it is hard to believe that they're not plastic or die cast to be sure - excellent !

Just had a look at this site http://www.cardmodelers.org/ and it has some great pics. Thanks again for introducing yourself and your hobby - I learn something new everyday
                "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X