RE:Norwich University's Master of Arts in Military History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all,

any one have more information on this course as well as the one offered by King's College MA World in Modern World?

Boromir, have you started on the Norwhich course yet? any opinions?

regards

Comment

If you're refering to the elearning course, I've just applied for it. I've heard good things about it, but can be quite costly at 12,700GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72
        If you're refering to the elearning course, I've just applied for it. I've heard good things about it, but can be quite costly at 12,700GBP.
        hello Ogukuo, can you share some of the good things you heard abt the course or point me to the information? are you accepted yet? you are from Singapore ? if yes, what do you think about Master of Science (Strategic Studies) offered by Institue of Defence and Strategic Studies, NTU?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by yoritomo
          hello Ogukuo, can you share some of the good things you heard abt the course or point me to the information? are you accepted yet? you are from Singapore ? if yes, what do you think about Master of Science (Strategic Studies) offered by Institue of Defence and Strategic Studies, NTU?

regards

Hi,

no, I've not been accepted yet. Their application date has just closed, and you may have to wait until next year.

In the mean time, you might want to refer to this website:
          http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/sspp/ws/ps/tpg/wimw

KCL's War Studies Department comes highly recommended by a number of academics and security professionals that I have spoken to, both here in Singapore and at the Asia-Pacific Centre for Strategic Studies, where I spent about three weeks on a counter-terrorism course. Looking at their lecturers, I must say that they have quite a number of well known names on their staff (e.g. Rachel Kerr), and there seems to be a good balance of different subjects from different disciplines.

With regards to the IDSS MSc, I deal with the academics there quite often. There are some good ones and some not so good ones. If you are thinking of doing the MSc with them, you would have to be careful about your choice of courses and lecturers.

You would also have to understand that IDSS is a relatively young institution (less than 10 years) and quite small (although it is expanding every year). You might not get as many different perspectives or as rich an education as you would like.

Having said that, IDSS has been attracting quite a number of overseas students, and there are some senior chaps from other countries. I have even met NYPD detectives sent there for courses.

Do email privately if you would like to find out more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X