Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980's Maps of Central Germany, US Army 1:50,000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980's Maps of Central Germany, US Army 1:50,000!

Thanks to Double Deuce, I have scanned approximately 40 Hi-Res 1:50K military topo maps of areas in and around central Germany from the early 1980's.

Below are screen caps of the maps with Sheet Number and Name, as well as the size (they are uncompressed TIF's). These are full maps with complete legend and all margin information. If you would like any of these, let me know and I'll put them on CD(s) and ship them to you at your expense.

Happy gaming!

Curt

It wouldn't be possible to zip and email them?
    EDIT: Could you upload them to your website?
    Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

Originally posted by Secret Agent

It wouldn't be possible to zip and email them?
      EDIT: Could you upload them to your website?
      They don't compress very well, so emailing is out of the question at this size. The only other option I have is to turn them into jpg's at at least HALF the original size, so much of the "hi-res" part would be gone! I suppose I could do half-size jpg versions for those who want them. As for making them available on my site at all times, I'm afraid my bandwidth may get eaten-up with too many downloads!

SA, let me know which maps you want, and I'll see what I can do for you.

Curt

EDIT: I've been able to reduce the map size to around 5-6 MB's and as jpg's.
      Last edited by CPangracs; 30 May 05, 13:10.

Comment

5-6 Megs? Can't that be emailed? (I know my Yahoo account lets me send emails up to 10 Megs!) Anyway...which maps cover the area most likely to be fought over, if WW3 had erupted?
        Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

5-6 Megs? Can't that be emailed? (I know my Yahoo account lets me send emails up to 10 Megs!) Anyway...which maps cover the area most likely to be fought over, if WW3 had erupted?
          All of them!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs
            All of them!
            If you put them up somewhere I can get to them or get them to me somehow, I can set them up off my webspace for which bandwidth is not an issue.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I'm putting together a spreadsheet of the maps and where they connect to each other to post here. I only had 40 fully intact to send Curt. I had another 11 that have been cut into 8x10 sheets for use with Twilight 2000.

Last night, digging further I found about 7 more but they are also cut and put together into a giant mapsheet I used while stationed in the FRG. They are not in very good shape as they have tape all over them and have the margins cut off so they could be taped together and put in my vinyl map case. I will try to get them out of the plastic and scanned at home (been in the plastic for aboyt 19-20 years now).

On another note, I found my BN Commander's map case from Desert Storm with graphics (HQ 3/37 Armor, 1st ID).
              [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce
                On another note, I found my BN Commander's map case from Desert Storm with graphics (HQ 3/37 Armor, 1st ID).
                Ummm,...YES PLEASE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs
                  Thanks to Double Deuce, I have scanned approximately 40 Hi-Res 1:50K military topo maps of areas in and around central Germany from the early 1980's.

Below are screen caps of the maps with Sheet Number and Name, as well as the size (they are uncompressed TIF's). These are full maps with complete legend and all margin information. If you would like any of these, let me know and I'll put them on CD(s) and ship them to you at your expense.

Happy gaming!

Curt

Curt,

Tell me how much, I'll take 'em all. Brilliant find!!!!
                  Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                  (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X