No announcement yet.

Attention living history encyclopedias!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention living history encyclopedias!

Some of the people on the Forum have been blessed with knowledge of historical events that could be lost if it is not recorded (for instance, we have a member whose Father served in the Nuremburg Trials, and gleaded lots of info). If you are one of those people, PLEASE write down (or type out) what you know! "So that the next generation might know...."
    Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

I'll second that SA
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Secret Agent
        PLEASE write down (or type out) what you know! "So that the next generation might know...."
        Waste of our limited time that could be better spent looking for faster horses, younger women, and older whiskey. The "next generation" never learns from the past. While enroute to their next car wreck they just honk and cheerfully flash the finger at their elders.
        Last edited by MajorH; 26 May 05, 09:35.
        Best regards, Major H
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MajorH
          Waste of our limited time that could be better spent looking for faster horses, younger women, and older whiskey. The "next generation" never learns from the past. While enroute to their next car wreck they just honk and cheerfully flash the finger at their elders.
          Never make sweeping generalizations.

Anyway, if that is how the older generation is spending (wasting) their time, then it is because they did not learn from their parents. (And it obviously has not been taught to my generation, either, judging by the resonse you say we display.)

Comment

Living Historys...

I have been actively involved in video-biography type living histories through the Palm Springs Air Museum where I volunteer time as a Docent/Librarian/Mechanic. Anyone who states that this endeavor is wasted time has never spent time with either the finished products or the original contributors. Ask any of these men/women after giving freely what they have carried for decades if it was worth it? Watch any given title and tell me you learned nothing.
            Get with the program, or get out of the way. The clock is ticking.
            ELE out
            P.S. The only regret I have in this vein of thought is that I did'nt get my own fathers recollections on 40 yrs in the service beginning long before WW2. Here's to all of you not walking into the same regret. )-(9
            Last edited by ELEFANT_0; 28 May 05, 12:35.

Comment

In my view too it is one of the most worthwhile things anyone can ever undertake. It will be deeply appreciated by those who served and by generations to come. I admire and commend what you and others doing to preserve this history Elefant.
              "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X