Military Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Channel?

Before I call DirecTV and spend an hour on hold...

Have the Military Channel and History International been canceled? One day they were there and then they were gone.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Several weeks ago the Military Channel was alive and well in the Conroe, Texas area. Since then who knows? I would try the HistoryChannel.com and see if you can ask them.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I'm on the Dish.

120 is the History Channel
      121 is History International
      195 is the Military Channel
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
        I'm on the Dish.

120 is the History Channel
        121 is History International
        195 is the Military Channel
        Looks like I need to call DTV. They are still listed on their website. The only thing worse than calling the Cable company is calling the Dish company!!!
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

hmmm seems like they and the phone companies (including cellular) really put customer service last. Funny how this seems to be universal no matter where you go.
          Originally posted by The Doctor
          Looks like I need to call DTV. They are still listed on their website. The only thing worse than calling the Cable company is calling the Dish company!!!
          Duchess of Richmond: They're the salt of England.
          Duke of Wellington: Scum. Nothing but gutter trash and scum. Gin is the spirit of their patriotism.

Waterloo 1970

Comment

I may just need to reset my receiver (unplug it and plug it back in).

Poor Customer Service is the fastest way to lose customers.

Comment

They're still there. I'm on DirecTV as well. I hope you can get some service out of them. I haven't as of yet.
              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Still kicking

I still have the Military Channel and it rocks.....
                Channel 287 on Direct TV

CD
                "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Have the Military Channel and History International been canceled? One day they were there and then they were gone.
                  What did I tell you about paying your cable bill, Doc?
                  To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
                  -Werner Pluskat

Comment

Discovery absorbed Military Channel. AFAIK, History International still lives.
                    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

I'm on DTV like CD - Channel 287. I'm not sure why all the confusion - History Channel announced the merger well in advance on DTV, but perhaps didn't cover it as well on the other satellite servers.

It's a great channel, but it has a very high re-run factor and tends to stay away from the more obscure and less frequently covered areas of history. If I see the program about the Dessault Mirage one more time, I'm gong shopping for a shoulder-fired SAM!

Doc- try a "hard boot"* if you're having reception problems. I have them all the time here in the mountains - way too many 80 foot or better fir trees surrounding the house, and way too much snow and ice on the dish. I'm still working the problem of shielding the dish from the effects of snow, ice and hard rain, which clobber reception. For some reason, I keep thinking of large Tupperware bowls...

*hard boot: leave TV on, MUTE, and remove access card. Screen turns to fuzz.

depress and hold both the POWER and DOWN buttons simultaneously.

Screen will go blank, then fuzz will return.

Replace access card - intializing screen will pop up.

Proceed.

This procedure is useful after power outages, also a problem in the scenic Colorado Rockies.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

All I needed to do was unplug the box and plug it back in...

I called DTV's Customer Service. The recording said: "If you are missing channels, reset your receiver by unplugging..."

I wish my dryer worked the same way: "If you are missing socks, reset your dryer by unplugging..."

Thanks everyone.

Comment

All I needed to do was unplug the box and plug it back in...

I called DTV's Customer Service. The recording said: "If you are missing channels, reset your receiver by unplugging..."

I wish my dryer worked the same way: "If you are missing socks, reset your dryer by unplugging..."

Thanks everyone.
                          Doc, I'm sorry I didn't recommend that to you sooner. For anyone else out there who has satellite or digital cable if you get a "freeze up" unplugging is often all that is needed to reset the box and correct the problem.
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                            Doc, I'm sorry I didn't recommend that to you sooner. For anyone else out there who has satellite or digital cable if you get a "freeze up" unplugging is often all that is needed to reset the box and correct the problem.
                            I should have thought of that right away. It didn't occur to me since I was only missing those two channels.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X