Need info on Aussies or Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Aussies or Asia?

I got some time on my hands, and i would like to do some research, to feed my own inquisitiveness and to hone my skills.

However, i can't decide what to do, i have a million things i could do but i know if i start one i'll go off on a tangent or find something else to study.

So, if anyone needs some info on Aussies, or relating to or the region, let me know what ya want, and i'll see what i can do for ya. I would have many resources available to me here, that you couldn't access ver well overseas, like records and state library, museums and those blokes who participated.

Also, any Aussies that wouldn't mind a hand in any project.
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Happened again two the same
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

hehe, I've got a volunteer job coming up, to do with representations of women in the 1950s.. but it's not war related (more architecture and design related) and I don't have any details yet on what I have to do though

But seriously, if I think of anything, I'll let you know. (Oh well you know that Admiral & I can always use a hand in the "on this day" thread in WTTA too )

Comment

Originally posted by Avalon
        hehe, I've got a volunteer job coming up, to do with representations of women in the 1950s.. but it's not war related (more architecture and design related) and I don't have any details yet on what I have to do though

But seriously, if I think of anything, I'll let you know. (Oh well you know that Admiral & I can always use a hand in the "on this day" thread in WTTA too )
        Not my forte that one, social/community/multicultural/ethnic issues no probs, but war/history/politics more so. I'll check that WTTA thing out, havn't popped in for a while.

[edit, i meant the architecture and the design stuff wasn't a forte,not the ladies (that should deflect any femenist questions ) ]
        Last edited by Temujin; 25 Apr 05, 08:52.
        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Nice offer Paul.
          http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

hey paul you could research TO&Es for the TO&Es group etc ! ..
            owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
            (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

I've got a personal/family history one Paul, but it is war related. Some cousins of mine and I have had a tough time finding out anything about the Galloway Militia. (In my case I haven't had time) but they were a local Scotish militia, late 1700s I think. If you ever come across that in your travels . I'm still interested in what you find out about your Victorian horse artillery ancestor, et.al too.

Yeah thanks re. the 'this day in history'.

Mim

Comment

I have something I'm going to start a thread on in the WTTA that sort of fits the description of what you'd like to do Paul. I've been meaning to do it so you've reminded me to get on with it. Will try to do it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalon
                  I've got a personal/family history one Paul, but it is war related. Some cousins of mine and I have had a tough time finding out anything about the Galloway Militia. (In my case I haven't had time) but they were a local Scotish militia, late 1700s I think. If you ever come across that in your travels . I'm still interested in what you find out about your Victorian horse artillery ancestor, et.al too.

Yeah thanks re. the 'this day in history'.

Mim
                  I have a vague memory of the Galloway militie, read something somewhere, very interesting i'll look it up. do you have any info at all about them?

I found the pedigree chart the other day, do you want to email me and i could email it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
                    hey paul you could research TO&Es for the TO&Es group etc ! ..
                    Yeah, i was thinkin that too, i'll post in the to&e section later.

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                      I have a vague memory of the Galloway militie, read something somewhere, very interesting i'll look it up. do you have any info at all about them?

I found the pedigree chart the other day, do you want to email me and i could email it to you.
                      yeah no prob Paul. Will see if there's any NSW stuff I can help with too.

I'd have to dig out what I have on the Galloway Militia, but it's not much. I think I'll have to contact military archives in England or Scotland to get anywhere with it actually. If I can find my old file I'll let you know. Thanks too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X