X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nevada Triangle

This is some damned strange stuff -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMwojk220uI

The triangle extends from Fresno to Reno to Las Vegas.
    I would not bring it up here, but the Bermuda triangle only claims about one boat, ship or plane a month.
    In the last 60 years, about 2,000 planes have wrecked in this area of Nevada and California. That is close to 3 planes a month... with no little pleasure-boat mishaps to pad the numbers.

All the military flights account for a lot of it, however, the majority of the lost are civilian flights.

Does that mountain range create some unique sort of turbulence? This Vid seems to be convinced of that.
    But that is still a lot of crashing, and it is still going on.

I can see that being the case with the DC-3, but for five of the rescue planes looking for it?
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 15 Jan 18, 01:27.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Must be aliens and UFO's. That's the usual explanation.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Must be aliens and UFO's. That's the usual explanation.
      SAMs... The government is very proactive about trespassers...

Comment

I thought the Nevada Triangle went from the Mirage to the Flamingo to Caesar's Palace?

Comment

I didn't look into it much but I wish I had an answer. Lots of planes in a dangerous area?
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

FWIW
            So, what is it exactly that’s causing aircraft to go missing within the Nevada Triangle? Conspiracy theorists have long claimed the reason so many flights have disappeared is connected to the presence Area 51, where the US Air Force is known to test secret prototype aircraft. But, many experts believe the disappearances can be attributed to the areas geography and atmospheric conditions. The Sierra Nevada mountains run perpendicular to the Jet Stream, or high Pacific winds, which conspire with the sheer, high altitude peaks and wedge-shaped range to create volatile, unpredictable winds and downdrafts. This weather phenomenon is sometimes called the “Mountain Wave” where planes are seemingly ripped from the air and crashed to the ground.
            https://www.legendsofamerica.com/nv-triangle/

Comment

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
              I read what I could find but to go any further I would have to study crash statistics for similar geographical locations. Then you have to decide how unique does a geographical location have to be to call the accident rate unique. That leads to a certain level of subjectivity not to mention that the triangle itself is arbitrarily defined. I guess drop the triangle thing altogether and say that certain flight paths are move dangerous than others near the Sierra Nevada mountains. The question then becomes why isn't the FAA all over this?
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                I read what I could find but to go any further I would have to study crash statistics for similar geographical locations. Then you have to decide how unique does a geographical location have to be to call the accident rate unique. That leads to a certain level of subjectivity not to mention that the triangle itself is arbitrarily defined. I guess drop the triangle thing altogether and say that certain flight paths are move dangerous than others near the Sierra Nevada mountains. The question then becomes why isn't the FAA all over this?
                I agree with what you say. In addition, I would point out if you draw 1000 random triangles (with similar number of flights) on the face of the earth, one of those triangles will have the most accidents. And it will be alot more than the average. In fact, you will be able to say that the chance of that triangle having so many accidents would be one in a thousand. You would be 99.9% confident it wasn’t a fluke. In the social sciences, this is called “p-hunting”

Comment

Well one corner of that boasts the devils postpiles and the oldest and weirdest trees on the planet. And the best pastry shop in the west. Schat's bakery to be specific.

https://www.nps.gov/depo/index.htm

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/inyo/...telprdb5129900

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...alifornia.html

So that area is kinda special.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                    I thought the Nevada Triangle went from the Mirage to the Flamingo to Caesar's Palace?
                    I always thought is was a woman's bikini bottom.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X