Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-g grandfather's grave site found!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-g grandfather's grave site found!!!!!!

Not sure if this goes here or not.......but I couldnt wait to let EVERYONE know that I was contacted by my Adjt. from my SCV camp in Corbin, KY. They have verified that they set a marker for my g-g grandfather, Capt. Archelous Hammons, Co. E, 13th KY Cavalry (CSA). The marker was set the first of this month.
    He died in Greenbrier County, WV ca. 1906 and Im only a few miles away from his final resting place.

I have been looking for his burial site for years now.........

Guess you know where Im headed at daylight tomorrow, huh?

Mark
    Deo Vindice
    Salus Per Christum
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Fantastic!! We expect photos!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Mark it is always exciting to find lost relatives. Yes please a photo!!
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Mark that's FANTASTIC !! I'm excited on your behalf. Oh yes, photos please
        "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

Umm, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but please post photos!

That's cool!
          Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

pics

Thanks for showing interest, guys. You can see quite clearly in the photos why I dont get in fron of the camera more often........kinda look like a Nazi or something.......i had to squint because the sun was in my face.

Mark
            Deo Vindice
            Salus Per Christum
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by last_cav1971
              ........kinda look like a Nazi or something.......
              You sure look like Heinrich Himmler! (sorry couldn't help )

Comment

Thanks for the pics Mark! The flags are a great addition, history and tradition are great ways to honor him.

But, dude, get the sun outta your eyes and onto those legs!
                Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by last_cav1971
                  Thanks for showing interest, guys. You can see quite clearly in the photos why I dont get in fron of the camera more often........kinda look like a Nazi or something.......i had to squint because the sun was in my face.

Mark
                  Deo Vindice
                  Salus Per Christum
                  Thanks for sharing them! Umm, I don't think you look like a Nazi, though.
                  Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
                    Thanks for the pics Mark! The flags are a great addition, history and tradition are great ways to honor him.

But, dude, get the sun outta your eyes and onto those legs!
                    Been a long winter.........I lose all of my tan during the fall and winter......... Im just trying to keep my head from being sunburned.......The most comfortable haircut a person could have..........

Mark
                    Deo Vindice
                    Salus Per Christum

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat
                      You sure look like Heinrich Himmler! (sorry couldn't help )
                      With my weight..........Goerring

Mark
                      Deo Vindice
                      Salus Per Christum

Comment

Great photos Mark ! The flags are a great idea. We're definately going to do that when we go to the Somme to find a cousin of mine. What a beautiful setting too, for your gr gr grandfather's final resting place ! it would have been a moving day. Ditto the guys.. thanks for sharing that

Mim
                        "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

Thanks for sharing that moment with us Mark. Was he buried in a military cemetary?
                          http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

It was the old family home site. Beautiful farm in Greenbrier County, WV.........I would love to be able to buy it. The owner lives in Alabama and is renting the property out........hmmmmmm, money.......where to get it........

Mark
                            Deo Vindice
                            Salus Per Christum

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos - I don't think you look like Himmler or Goering, but perhaps there's a hint of Doctor Evil in there.

Dr. S.
                              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X