U.S. Army Rangers and Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Army Rangers and Special Forces

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes. Does anyone know if the AR or SF have specialized unit orders? I have heard that they have different numbers in their platoons down to their fire teams, but I cannot find any info on it. If anyone knows where I can find some info on it or knows the numbers of their units please post them here.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay Patterson

Originally posted by Jayl
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes. Does anyone know if the AR or SF have specialized unit orders? I have heard that they have different numbers in their platoons down to their fire teams, but I cannot find any info on it. If anyone knows where I can find some info on it or knows the numbers of their units please post them here.

Thanks,
    Jay

AFAIK, Special Forces "platoon" (A-team) is lead by a Captain, and has 2-3 "squads," each with 1 Engineer, 1 Medic, 1 Weapons expert, & 1 Radio man.
    Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

Does anyone have any updated information on the Ranger battalions?
      I understand that they have a 4th company equipped with Ranger Special Operations Vehicles (Land Rovers) and a 120mm mortar platoon.

Comment

Without comprimising OPSEC, SF ODA (Operational Detachment Team: A) teams operate with a Captain, Warrant Officer with Weapons, Engineering, Communications, Medical, and sometimes Intelligence. Two NCO's per (SFC w/ SSG).

For more information do research at the following...

Special Operations - www.socnetcentral.com/vb

U.S. Army Rangers - www.armyranger.com

Hope this helps.
        The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected. -- Sun-Tzu

Comment

Could someone tell where the line goes between 'elite army' units that are overtrained to be of normal army standards but still dont qualify to be 'special forces'.

For example, I belive that the Airbourne/Paratroops of most countries are 'elite' infantry, but some Marine infantry units can be put in the 'special forces' lot, just because they train such unusual and unorthodox things.

For example, the Royal Marine's, are 'Elite force's'.

But, I think their scout unit's and the US Marines scout/snipers too go to special forces training every once in a while.

Not that it matters! They are all pretty damn good soldiers.

Still, there is a difference between a Delta and a Ranger, or a member of the SAS and the Pararegiment...

And ofcourse, different countries have different way's of thinking about this, in Finland, the small number of 'Paratroops', are more like a mixture of Rangers/Paratroopers, and Marines, who are experts in surviving in minus 35, undetected for days, behind enemy lines.
          The second most specials we have I suppose are the Sissi, who are more conventional Finn specials, who are adept at forest infiltration, and not being discovered ect... Long range patrols.

Then, ofcourse the Guards are getting very good at Terrorism counter op's, wether it be inside house fighting, or isolating an airport, or absailing into a window...

But that's Finland's small resources army. I hope that someday, young men like me 15 years ago, will get the chance of having a go at the Marine Sniper school!
          "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X