Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Revolution in Naval Affairs? Technology, Strategy and British Naval Policy in the ‘

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Revolution in Naval Affairs? Technology, Strategy and British Naval Policy in the ‘

Hi

Hope this is of some interest, especially for those with a naval bent such as me:-

This article examines the applicability of the concept of ‘revolutions’ in warfare to the study of pre-First World War British naval history. It argues that by attaching an overt degree of importance to the role of technological change in affecting transformations in contemporary views of war-fighting, historians have overlooked many aspects of Admiralty policy that can be better understood in terms of continuity, rather than ‘revolution’.
    http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/...0#.VdHimLJViko

Download is free

Regards

Andy H
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Available on University library systems approx 6 months ago - well worth downloading and reading even if you may not agree with all of it
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X