X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hogdriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Scully
    Does anyone have any good links to resources on the war between NATO and WP that never happened? I've been reading Hackett's "WWIII" and would like to learn more about what was going on back then.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Try this:
    DTIC Collections

There is also a sequel, subtitled "The Untold Story". Both are quite good.
    Last edited by hogdriver; 23 Mar 05, 10:02.

Leave a comment:

• thomas.tmcc
    replied
    Originally posted by tigersqn
    Tom Clancy has "Red Storm Rising" if you're into that.

Yeah got that one thanks ,also get " arc light " by eric l harry

Leave a comment:

• Secret Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by tigersqn
    And our very own MountainMan helped him with it!

Leave a comment:

• tigersqn
    replied
    Originally posted by Scully
    Does anyone have any good links to resources on the war between NATO and WP that never happened? I've been reading Hackett's "WWIII" and would like to learn more about what was going on back then.

Thanks,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Secret Agent
    replied
    For general Cold War information (including battle plans), try this:

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/php/

Came across it in my research. Looks like it has a lot of good articles.

From the CIA, "Soviet Strategies and Capabilites for Multi-theater War."

Go here,

http://www.foia.cia.gov/

and search for "Soviet Strategies." (The document should be on page 3 or 4.)
    Last edited by Secret Agent; 04 Mar 05, 12:14.

Leave a comment:

• Scully
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisvalla
    Funny enough, I have several old books I've held onto since a conventional WWIII is my favorite 'what if' (right before WWII). If you have a second-hand book store around check them out. Sometimes people sell off their old books like Air Force Almanac (awesome resource... especially the '84 US/USSR one) and any number of over-sized book from the 80's. Salamander Press published a whole slew of war-tech related books (fighters, tanks, ships, the PLA, etc.).
    That's a good idea. I've been meaning to go looking for used books stores and this seems like a good excuse.

Take care,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Scully
    replied
    Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
    what is john hacketts WW3 book like I have never read it ,does have a of of combat etc ?
    So far, I'm about half way through, it's pretty interesting. Most of what I've read has dealt with the political situation, planning, and force overviews. The attack has just begun and the initial land war has been covered. The discussion is more operational, but does talk about specific tactics used by both NATO and WP. It appears that he breaks down the naval and air components in more detail as well, but I haven't made it there yet.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Scully
    replied
    Originally posted by nemo
    If you haven't bookmarked them yet, you might want to check those two sites :

Not exactly devoted to what-if NATO-WP scenarios but lots of information.
    Thanks nemo,

I actually found the Parallel History Project late last night and haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll check out the other one today.

Take care,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• chrisvalla
    replied
    Funny enough, I have several old books I've held onto since a conventional WWIII is my favorite 'what if' (right before WWII). If you have a second-hand book store around check them out. Sometimes people sell off their old books like Air Force Almanac (awesome resource... especially the '84 US/USSR one) and any number of over-sized book from the 80's. Salamander Press published a whole slew of war-tech related books (fighters, tanks, ships, the PLA, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• thomas.tmcc
    replied
    what is john hacketts WW3 book like I have never read it ,does have a of of combat etc ?

Leave a comment:

• nemo
    replied
    If you haven't bookmarked them yet, you might want to check those two sites :

Not exactly devoted to what-if NATO-WP scenarios but lots of information.

Leave a comment:

• Scully
    replied
    Originally posted by Herman Hum
    If you enjoy that book, you will certainly like The War That Never Happened, by Michael Palmer. Same genre but encompasses the entire world.
    Thanks Herman. I'll see if I can find it.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Herman Hum
    replied
    If you enjoy that book, you will certainly like The War That Never Was, by Michael Palmer. Same genre but encompasses the entire world.
    Last edited by Herman Hum; 04 Mar 05, 04:36. Reason: Wrong book title

Leave a comment:

• Scully
    started a topic Websites/resources on WWIII

Websites/resources on WWIII

Thanks,
    Brian

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X