63rd Signal Battalion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63rd Signal Battalion

My Grandfather (the man on my avatar) was a Radio Operator in the 63rd Signal Battalion of the "5th army" in North Africa and Italy before he was injured in an air raid.

I was just interested if anyone here had any information on that unit in those theaters. I have tried to get all the info. I could and have come a long way. But I could always use more.

Thanks
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
    -General George Patton-

I am sure you have already checked these places out but here are some links just in case:

63rd SIG BN

5th Army History

63rd Signal Crest

63rd SIG BN at Military.com

Hope that helps.

Phil
    Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
    As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

I have visted those sites. But thanks for trying to help!

His records were (I suppose) destryoed in the St. Louis Fire in "73". I have send letters to men I know were in the unit. so far no-one has known him, but they have been helpfull in ohter way's.

I was able to find the unit surgeon's address in Israel, He would have for sure known my Grandfather. But his wife sent me a letter back. Sadly he had died the previous summer.

I was just hoping someone just may have come across something, or someone from that unit.

Thanks again!
      "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
      -General George Patton-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X