Military History research projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
    Excellent items to research, Cobra. If you want/need any assistance with Ieyasu, let me know. Ancient and medieval oriental history and folklore is one of my specialties.
    I found that Sadler's "maker of Modern Japan" has been of immense help, though a haven't found a resource that describes Ieyasu's battlefield behavior. Do you know of any resources that describe his activities in battle?
    Did he just sit in the chair and issue orders or was he riding around micromanaging (this probably would have been too dangerous). I know he didn't and couldn't lead from the front. Sadler says he was never wounded once in a battle, though he did have to make a run for it a couple of times.
    "passive self-defence would be but a poor policy, so long as the world continues to be one of struggle and vicissitude. Everywhere nation is arrayed against nation; our own no less than others. What is our protective system but organized warfare?"

Comment

See if these help you out, my friend.

Samurai Archives

Military Aspects of the Daimyo

Tokugawa Ieyasu (book)
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
        I have the book already, the links are good, thanks.
        "passive self-defence would be but a poor policy, so long as the world continues to be one of struggle and vicissitude. Everywhere nation is arrayed against nation; our own no less than others. What is our protective system but organized warfare?"

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
          You'll love Québec city. Very historical, nice museums.
          I envy Canadian's, because at least on the web, your museum's for the ww's are the best IMHO, ok the RAF page's are pretty good.

But I'm astounded that there isnt a proper US army history, page on the net!

Just compare that to the Canadian war museum's page, which is much better than the Brit war museum, or the understandably not so rich Finnish one's (Although some good stuff especially about the Winter war is available if you google away, private ventures mostly).

Yep, I have heard that the Canadian Culture (Which includes Museums) scene is pretty damn good.

And, you guy's were in the great battle's of WW1 & 2, (Well, as much as the manpower allowed)

I saw this picture of somewhere in Canada, and they had a Lancaster, outdoors on a great stand, like a huge plastic kit! In front of a building!

How cool I thought. It was an art object, and a historical memo, and most importantly, nobody who saw it there for the first time could not pass it without a thought of somekind!

Great! I wish they would put up a spitfire and a Me 109 in front of Victoria Station in London!

And thankyou for the great sites on the final victor of the sengoku jidai!
          Last edited by 17poundr; 29 Apr 05, 23:36.
          "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My project is to create a centralized resource for all Canadian units and formations (primarily of the combat arms) in WW2. Haven't yet decided whether it should be electronic (internet) or paper (published).

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
              My project is to create a centralized resource for all Canadian units and formations (primarily of the combat arms) in WW2. Haven't yet decided whether it should be electronic (internet) or paper (published).
              Outstanding project Martin.
              http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X