Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help In Identifying WWI/WWII Era Military Family Heirlooms

Introduction
    My family received these heirlooms in a box from my Grandparents on my father's side. They once belonged to Mark Ryan Cordy (my Great Grandfather), a Canadian veteran of both World Wars. In all the small box contained 69 distinct items, not all of whom were related to his Military service. My Dad wants to put them on display (we already have a WWII Era German Compass and two Allied Motor Shells) with little caption boxes to describe each item. I have identified most of the items, but some still remain a mystery to me. Now as this is a history site, I though some of my more knowledgeable fellow ACG Residents could help me out in identifying the ones I could not do so myself.

Your help would be appreciated!

A Numbered Image of All the Items:

The List of Items:
    Last edited by Jonathanrex1; 04 Jul 13, 18:16.
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Is no one willing to help me?
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

I would be willing, but what's I'm not is able. Looks like a large number of regimental crests , but beyond that I've got squat.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Here is a closeup of some of the unidentified/unsure items:

From this I now no that the text on the ring (item #59) reads "Created by Bridal ??eath".

´

Comment

Post here.... these guys will ID everything.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X