Biblical issues and other religious questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
    Theory goes: Jesus took/was slipped a cocktail of drugs that rendered him temporarily inert causing the Roman guards to conclude he was dead. The 'plan' was to enable Jesus to come back from the dead, astonish the multitudes and continue his ministry resulting in ultimate glorification as befits a 'messiah'. Unfortunately, the plan failed to anticipate that one of the guards would thrust a spear into his side, causing him to actually die from his wounds several days after the so-called resurrection.
    Normal practice was to break the legs of prisoners near the end to hasten suffocation. If the above was the plan, they would have to anticipate Jesus having both his Tibia's broken.

I am unsure as to why they used a spear on Jesus instead of breaking his legs.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
      Normal practice was to break the legs of prisoners near the end to hasten suffocation. If the above was the plan, they would have to anticipate Jesus having both his Tibia's broken.

They used a spear on everyone. Breaking the legs was the coup de grace [sic]. Thrusting a spear into the side was to examine blood flow, seeing if water and blood were seperating. The purpose wasn't to cause death, but confirm it had occured.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post

Wouldn't have looked as cool if he'd been on crutches after the 'resurrection'
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X