Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listy
    replied
    As far as I can tell this is what happened in the area.

Kampfgruppe Ritter was at Klein Koriss. This consisted of the 614th Panzer Jager, and some other units.

The 6th Guards tank corp moved up the road behind them, along the Wunsdorf/Zossen road. Then the Soviets (I think these where actually Poles, but I can't find anything to be sure) attacked Klien Koris. Kampfgruppe ritter then fell back but was blocked by the 6th Guards, so had to move north West towards, and later into Berlin.

At some point during, Munchenberg was thrown into action, coming from the west from Kummersdorf.

For allot of detail and the like have a look here (You'll need to scroll down a bit):
    http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...3034&start=105

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    I did allot of research around this unit a couple of years ago. All my book marks are at work though, so I'll get back to you in about 24 hours.
    Kampfgruppe Ritter and Div Mucnhenberg are two separate units that fought close to one another south of Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• dutched
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    I am asking because the threads listing this force have vanished and I didn't get a chance to copy it.

Could one of you direct me to that odd little unit, make of partly of captured tanks that was in action at the end south of Berlin?
    Hello there,

Found myself searching for the same info. In my search for IR Panther Sperber I came across references to the German weapons test locations of which Kummersdorf is one. Searching for sources I stumbled on a few bits
    amongst the items alledgedly sent to the front were IIRC a Jagdtiger with Porsche running gear and the Krupp/Steyr Waffentraeger w. Pak 43 88 mm (the one with the 38(t) road wheels) In one of Listy's replies to the IR Panther thread, the Krupp/Steyr Waffentrager is mentioned to have gone on strenght with Muencheberg. From Photographic evidence, the Ardelt Waffentraeger also ended up being used in battle, but were and by what unit I cannot tell you.

Ed.

Leave a comment:

• kelt06
    replied
    Here is a list (copied from a German forum) of the armored stuff rounded up at Kummersdof testing facility to be included in the Kampfgruppe Ritter:

kelt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Kenneally
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the search, I never even noticed it before!
    Glad to help.

The search function is your friend.....

B E W A R E. . . . .

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
    Go to the search option above in the header and then type in "Kummersdorf Tank Company".

Select the "Postings" option.

You will get at least 10 posts to search for the information.

Thanks for asking, I did not know this information existed.
    Thanks for the tip on the search, I never even noticed it before!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Kenneally
    replied
    Go to the search option above in the header and then type in "Kummersdorf Tank Company".

Select the "Postings" option.

You will get at least 10 posts to search for the information.

Thanks for asking, I did not know this information existed.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    started a topic Kummersdorf tank Company?

Kummersdorf tank Company?

I am asking because the threads listing this force have vanished and I didn't get a chance to copy it.

Could one of you direct me to that odd little unit, make of partly of captured tanks that was in action at the end south of Berlin?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X