Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merkava188
    replied
    I hope Trump considers moving troops back permantley.

Leave a comment:

• 82redleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
    I hope they send some armor and aviation units as well as infantry. It was a mistake that Obama gutted our forces in Europe. I hope Trump reverses it.
    Two big batches of reductions in Germany. First was 89-~94 (mostly in the beginning of the period), when we went from two corps, with four divisions (1st AD, 3rd AD, 3rd ID, 8th ID), two separate brigades (1st ID (FWD) and 2nd AD(FWD)), two ACRs (2nd and 11th) with associated support units at all echelons, to leave one corps, two short divisions (both 1st AD and 1st ID had a brigade at Fort Riley by the mid-90s.

The second was planned and begun under Bush and completed under Obama, ~07-12, where the remaining corps and divisional infrastructure was removed, leaving the two BCTs that are currently stationed there.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    8th I
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    h
    Yes they did kick Booty, all that training paid off big time, I was part of it in the 8th ID 1964-66 and remember all the time (not fondly) in the mud in Grafenwoer and Hohenfels, I don't think Franks needed anyone else, the seventh could have won that alone.
    8th ID - 2/28 Mech Inf 1st Bde 75 - 80. The cub scouts could have taken the 8th.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    2 ACR could have if they broke into a sweat. Battle of 73 Easting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4O0A7iVotU
    Last edited by Half Pint John; 11 Feb 19, 06:45.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    h
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Do you remember back to that time and all the news? The elite Republican Guard bla, bla Bla.

The VII kick ask almost alone. Jayhawks all the way
    Yes they did kick Booty, all that training paid off big time, I was part of it in the 8th ID 1964-66 and remember all the time (not fondly) in the mud in Grafenwoer and Hohenfels, I don't think Franks needed anyone else, the seventh could have won that alone.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Do you remember back to that time and all the news? The elite Republican Guard bla, bla Bla.

Brain dead didn't realize what in fk the VII Corp had been training for for the last 40 years. I really had to laugh. The VII kick ask almost alone. Jayhawks all the way

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    I hope they send some armor and aviation units as well as infantry. It was a mistake that Obama gutted our forces in Europe. I hope Trump reverses it.
    No, the Combat Units we had in Germany were gutted by HW Bush, BoBo had nothing to do with it.
    In 1990 he sent the 7th Corps to Saudi Arabia to be deployed for Desert Storm taking along the two Armored Divisions and two out of the three Infantry Divisions we had in Germany at the time, the 3rd Infantry Division (8th ID) was deactivated in Jan. 1992, after Desert Storm the 7th Corps returned to Germany and was deactivated THERE in March 1992.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

BULL, Massive draw down of US troops started all the way back under Bush I with the 7th Corps leaving and continued under Clinton and W and Obama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Europe

Usually you know what you post but this time you pulled it out of...
    And the entire Eighth Inf Div was stood down disbanded.

The real question here is why we need to end anyone to Germany, who is more than capable of defending themselves. The Euro needs to take over their own defense and their own costs and manning. That is imperative at this point.

The formation of the Euro is not only about economic and political strength, but about self-defense as well.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    BULL, Massive draw down of US troops started all the way back under Bush I with the 7th Corps leaving and continued under Clinton and W and Obama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Europe

Usually you know what you post but this time you pulled it out of...
    Last edited by Half Pint John; 10 Feb 19, 08:52.

Leave a comment:

• Merkava188
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Will these unit be going to Germany or Poland? Also are the plans to send any Infantry or Armored unit to join them?
    The article lists their destinations as Germany.

Just a couple MLRS battalions and one ADA bn.

Leave a comment:

• Merkava188
    replied
    Will these unit be going to Germany or Poland? Also are the plans to send any Infantry or Armored unit to join them?

Leave a comment:

• US Army Europe to add Field Arty Bde and ADA Battalion

https://www.stripes.com/news/army-to...rmany-1.546457

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X