Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a complete russian oob??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a complete russian oob??

Hi.

I have been looking for a complete russian oob for the entire war2

I need the armies/divs/misc and when/where they where created.

I WOULD BE SO HAPPY IF ANYONE CAN HELP MEEEEEE

So if u have it plz send me a mail.

Thanx in advance

Doc

Some resources

I have some resources that could help you, however, it would take me hours upon hours upon hours upon hours (you get the idea) to type it out. I am unaware of any website that contains all that information, but I can point you in the right direction.

A website to check out:

http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/

Some excellent publications as well as documents available, if you're willing to shell out the cash.

Also, a good book to consult for very basic information about all division and higher formations:

The Red Army Order of Battle (Robert G. Poirier and Albert Z. Conner) ISBN: 0-89141-237-9

It's an older book, with inaccuracies, but a very good starting point.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanx

I have been allaround the net, and i know all the adresses there is i think, and i mean NOWHERE could i find a complete oob for the russians. For the Germans, i had to dig into the Bundes archives to find it all. I realy thought someone would have the complete one. Well there is nothing else to do than make it yourself.

Nafzinger did ok till 1942( allthough it will cost me), oob kursk will do 43, still need the last 2 years.

If ANYONE have something that can help me out i will be SOOOOOO happy.

Thanx for the help anyway, just keep it comming

Doc

Comment

Doc,

Are you still interested ina Soviet OB for the entire war? It would take months to type it up.

How do I know? I'm the editor of the on-line magazine THE JOURNAL OF THE SOVIET ARMY.

If you can narrow it down to a specific Front and time-frame, I might be able to help.

Regards,

Craig Crofoot
        Editor,
        THE JOURNAL OF THE SOVIET ARMY
        http://www.journalsovietarmy.org

Comment

Craig

Nice website, very useful and loads of data. Kudos bro.

Jeremy
          Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Konev
            Doc,

Are you still interested ina Soviet OB for the entire war? It would take months to type it up.

How do I know? I'm the editor of the on-line magazine THE JOURNAL OF THE SOVIET ARMY.

If you can narrow it down to a specific Front and time-frame, I might be able to help.

Regards,

Craig Crofoot
            Editor,
            THE JOURNAL OF THE SOVIET ARMY
            http://www.journalsovietarmy.org
            Hello craig that a lot of info ,anything on the basic structures like the section and platoons to company level ? ,how many men,weapons for infantry and armour etc ? .

Thomas

I own the TOandEs group on yahoo .
            owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
            (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

This post is regerding links posted above by Konev and Martin Schenkel:

I have visited the Nafziger Files site and found some files that look as though they may be of use to my current research:

943RGAA: Russian Central Front, 1 July 1943 - 2 pgs
              943RGAB: Russian Forces, Battle of Kursk, July 1943 - 60 pgs

I will be contacting the site owner for more information, but interested to know if anyone has already purchased any of their files, and what level of detail i can expect, unless it is of divisional and lower, not really much use to me.

I need unit info in this type of format and level of detail or better
              (these are courtesy of AMVAS);

The 2nd TA (3,16TC, 11STBr):
              3rd TC - 9961 manpower, 122 T-34, 70 T-70, 12-85mm, 24- 76mm, 42,
              45mm, 16 -37mm AA guns, 80 armored cars and armored carriers, 94
              mortars, 314MGs

16th TC: 9461 manpower, 139 T-34, 45 T-70, 17 T-60, 12 85mm, 24 76mm,
              32 45mm, 52 armored cars and armored carriers, 94 mortars, 296 MGs

11th STBr:
              1104 manpower, 44 T-34, 10 T-70, 4- 76mm, 6 mortars, 34 MGs

Wondering of Konev can offer this type of information also?

I am interested in the defenses facing the three main German thrusts of Zitadelle offensive, at present focusing on central front, 13th Army.
              Last edited by the Bogan; 24 Jan 05, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by the Bogan
                I am interested in the defenses facing the three main German thrusts of Zitadelle offensive, at present focusing on central front, 13th Army.
                David Glantz's excelent book on the Battle of Kursk has an extreamly detailed OOB for the area and timeframe you're after. It can be purchased on Amazon and shipped to Australia for under $A 30, which represents excelent value.
                Owner and operator, Armed Forces of the Asia Pacific
                Forum administrator, www.orbat.com
                Co-administrator, www.historic-battles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Case:
                  David Glantz's excelent book on the Battle of Kursk has an extreamly detailed OOB for the area and timeframe you're after. It can be purchased on Amazon and shipped to Australia for under $A 30, which represents excelent value.
                  Actually i am trying to order the translation of the Soviet General Staff Study, Glantz & Orenstein, from Amazon, along with a few other titles i think should help.

If you have ordered from them maybe you can tell me how to get around the International order form with all the FPO and AP, i can't get my address right. :\
                  I am waiting on their email to set things straight if it ever comes.

Comment

I bought (a lot) of files (most of ww2 files, especially the 1941 Soviet oob and its evolution through spring 1942 that I used for my TOAW scen "Barbarossa at Tactical scale") from George Nafziger and the data is excellent. the TOE files are very good and the OOB files are VERY good. well worth the investment.
                    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

I'll cerainly be interested to have an OOB of Soviet forces in Europe in may 1945 (to simulate "patton's dream" a clash between Western allies and Eastern ones)

piero
                      "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by the Bogan
                        If you have ordered from them maybe you can tell me how to get around the International order form with all the FPO and AP, i can't get my address right. :\
                        I am waiting on their email to set things straight if it ever comes.
                        I've never had any trouble ordering stuff off Amazon - I just go through the standard ordering procedure and 1 to 4 weeks later the stuff is waiting for me on the doorstep when I get home from work.
                        Owner and operator, Armed Forces of the Asia Pacific
                        Forum administrator, www.orbat.com
                        Co-administrator, www.historic-battles.com

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971
                          I'll cerainly be interested to have an OOB of Soviet forces in Europe in may 1945 (to simulate "patton's dream" a clash between Western allies and Eastern ones)

piero
                          I got something like that courtesy of Craig Crofoot (aka as Konev). If he doesn't mind IŽll upload it here.
                          www.tdg.nu

Comment

Jose,

I don't mind, although there will be changes to it.

Did you get the VVS message I sent you?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Konev
                              Jose,

I don't mind, although there will be changes to it.

Did you get the VVS message I sent you?

Craig
                              Yes, Thanks a lot, it's great.
                              www.tdg.nu

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X