Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayonet Strength Web Site missing in action?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayonet Strength Web Site missing in action?

One of my favorite web sites is bayonet strength. It has the World War II TOE of U.S., UK/Commenwealth, German and I think maybe Soviet and Japanese Divisions and Battalions.

It is a great resource for looking at the building blocks of the World War II Armies.

It seems like all the links are now not working? Does any one know what happened to it?

(Note to mods, if this is the wrong sub forum for this please move it. I Thanks)

If the link is dead but the data is recoverable, it would be great if some one with more technical savvy than I could rescue it. Maybe Arm Chair General forums could host the data here?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Yes, I'm afraid my webhost, 150m.com, finally bit the dust.

I am looking to get the site back online at some point, but domestic issues have kept me more than busy in the last while, so it won't be quick.

In the interim, if you use the 'wayback machine' and put www.bayonetstrength.150m.com in the search, and pull up a version from late 2015 or early 2016, pretty much everything should be available.

Thanks for the interest,

Gary

Comment

Gary,

Hope you get your great web site back up soon.

Your bayonet strength web site is a great resource! Thanks for your work.
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Hi Gary,

I was - and am - a big fan of your website for a long time, and it was the first one I featured in my "link" reviews. It might not what you might look for, but I still want to offer in case you are interested:

I have a website at generalstab.org which used to have its own chapter on unit structures and such. I would be honored to host Bayonetstrength here. Possibilities would be:

a) a subdomain (f.e. bayonetstrength.generalstab.org) which means the page would look and work exactly the same way it did before, but you would have to access it by ftp.

b) integration into the general staff: IŽll create an account for you in wordpress and import the pages, and we'll see where they best fit into the navigation structure. You would be able to log on, edit, delete or do whatever you see fit with your material as usual, and of course your copyright would be noted on each page.

Both alternatives would be free of charge, of course. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Wolf

Comment

If you're interested in redoing to the format at all, adding in clickable symbols and all that, let me know too Gary, be glad to do it for you

Comment

Looks like Gary is indeed busy
            @Gary, if you are interested, contact me by PM or website, I am too new to this forum.
            Regards,
            Wolf

Comment

Bayonet Strenght

vote yes!! miss it...

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                I didnt get any PM from Gary, so we will have to wait until he takes up soemone elses offer or puts the website back up himself.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                  One of my favorite web sites is bayonet strength. It has the World War II TOE of U.S., UK/Commenwealth, German and I think maybe Soviet and Japanese Divisions and Battalions.

It is a great resource for looking at the building blocks of the World War II Armies.

It seems like all the links are now not working? Does any one know what happened to it?

(Note to mods, if this is the wrong sub forum for this please move it. I Thanks)

If the link is dead but the data is recoverable, it would be great if some one with more technical savvy than I could rescue it. Maybe Arm Chair General forums could host the data here?
                  Now our bayonets in WW2 were round rod sharpened to a point, in other words a Spike!!!! lcm1
                  'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                  " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                    Now our bayonets in WW2 were round rod sharpened to a point, in other words a Spike!!!! lcm1
                    I have one on my Lee Enfield. I've heard them called "tent peg" bayonets.

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                      Royal Marine policy, or a shortage of the real thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
                        Royal Marine policy, or a shortage of the real thing?
                        Neither Mate, They were capable of doing the same thing and above all, they were CHEAP!!!! lcm1
                        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Working...
                        X