Looking for K-series TOE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for K-series TOE

I am looking for the US Marine Corps K-Series TOE, and was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can find it?

I am specifically after the K-series TOE for the Infantry Regiment / Infantry Battalion / Infantry Company.

I tried Google, but couldn't find the K-series toe, just the other WW2 era series.

Google "Mobilization of the Marine Corps Reserve in the Korean Cinflict, 1950-1951" reprinted in 1967 by HQ, USMC G3 Historical section. On page 4 is the organization of a K-Series MarDiv during war time and page 5 has the peacetime org. Unfortunately for the regiment is doesn't go below Battalion except for the H&S and other support companies in the regiment.

Comment

Have you tried the Marine Corps' Historical Center online?
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.mcu.usmc.mil/historydivis...9000318700.pdf

Comment

Not sure if a link to google books will go the same page, but there's a précis of the Marine Inf Regt here (pages 32-33);

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...201950&f=false

There are T/Os for the K-Series Regt, but I don't have copies myself. I think they would suffer from the same problem as the 1945 G-Series tables though, which omit the details of all support weapons and transport for units. This info was given on a Part II document, that for reasons unknown to me, isn't available, which makes reconstructing the Sep45 Marine Division a real...

Back to the question asked though -

Constituent T/Os for Marine Infantry Regiment, all dated 31st May 1949

K1013 - Rifle Company
          K1023 - Weapons Company
          K1037 - HQ & Service Company
          K1038 - Infantry Battalion (summary)

K1073 - Antitank Company
          K1083 - 4.2-inch Mortar Company
          K1097 - HQ & Service Company
          K1099 - Infantry Regiment (summary)

Gary

Comment

Thanks for the responses thus far. I have managed to acquire some of the information I was looking for.

I now have the following information:

Infantry Regiment
            Headquarters & Services Company (32-249)
            Mortar Company (4-136)
            Anti Tank Company (4-108)
            Infantry Battalion (43-1080)

Now I just need to find some organizational charts for these units, that detail the organization of the individual companies in the battalions, and the number of personnel in those companies.

I don't need anything real specific like historical equipment and so forth, just the personnel counts and the structure of the unit, namely squad, platoon, company, etc.

I found a detailed toe for the F-series Infantry Regiment, but the K-series seems to be a little harder to find.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/OOB/Regt-TOE-F/

Comment

Best I can offer is the Rifle Squad was the same as F-Series; the G-Series took the same Platoon across but deleted the demolitions Cpl from Pl HQ.

Other than that I feel there'd have been a lot of changes between F and K Series.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X