Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humor: Doonesbury's Civil War Reenactment

Doonesbury the Lupus of cartoons
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

That was way too long for a cartoon and I didn't make it past the 5th slide because it wasn't funny either... >_>
      Surrender? NutZ!
      -Varro

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. -Sun Tzu

Comment

Much better humour
        "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
        --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Doonesbury hasn't been funny in 40 years.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          — Groucho Marx

Comment

Actually, the comics are pretty close to the mark.

But I did laugh harder at the Ebay video.
            The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Despite my interest in 18th century and Napoleonic reenactment I have no desire to reenact the civil war, hence this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2XlSXcwJ3o
              Last edited by The Highwayman; 17 Jul 10, 10:27.
              "They're inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"
              -Baron Munchausen

"Ah, 'tis midsummer madness, the music is my temples, the hot blood of youth! Come, Kapellmeister, let the violas throb. My regiment leaves at dawn!"
              -Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X