For the 101st obsessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the 101st obsessed

To keep the 101st obsessive(s) happy here's a few pics that a few of us went out and took last year. We plan to be much, much dirtier in future!

Sniff Though I may be getting on a unit that potrays the 401st Glider of the 101st Airborne.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Cool!

Great pictures.

Where did you take the shots? Having taken a few with my friend Roach of him in 29th gear, I know it can be difficult to walk around the countryside with weapons.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

where do you guys get your blanks, or do you not use blanks?

Comment

There are places, mainly crimped probably.
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

what do you mean?

Comment

cool pics. do you guys aim at things or just pretend?
              "If we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do! " - Cpt. Mifune, The Matrix Revolutions

Comment

Well, what Ive heard is, is that they use blanks and they have it rehearsed, but I can't remember.

Where do you get your costumes and stuff as well?

Skoal!

Comment

Originally posted by nreese21
                  Well, what Ive heard is, is that they use blanks and they have it rehearsed, but I can't remember.

Where do you get your costumes and stuff as well?

Skoal!
                  1st go to www.reenactor.net you'll find plenty of units in the Illinois Area I have already found 1 American and 1 German, unlike Civil War units it seems WWII cover a generic area (Central Illinois vs. Central Midwest). www.atthefront.com is good and there are hundreds of more sites you just have to look.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in replying but I only got home from Normandy last night having been there for D-Day.
                    The pictures pictures were taken on the edge of Salisbury Plain in southern England on private land, the uniforms and equipment come from all over and are a mixture of original and reproduction kit. There were no blanks present all weapons are de-activated originals apart from the M1A1 Thompson which is a Tokyo Marui airsoft replica.

Comment

cool pictures sir. It is sad that you cant go and do public demonstrations with them.
                      Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
                        cool pictures sir. It is sad that you cant go and do public demonstrations with them.
                        Yes we do public shows here in the UK, there wouldn't be much point in by all that gear if we didn't. The difficulty for us is finding suitable private land for training or taking pictures out of a show ground enviroment.

Military Odyssey 2004

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                          1st go to www.reenactor.net you'll find plenty of units in the Illinois Area I have already found 1 American and 1 German, unlike Civil War units it seems WWII cover a generic area (Central Illinois vs. Central Midwest). www.atthefront.com is good and there are hundreds of more sites you just have to look.
                          Thanks Barcelona!

Comment

I regret to inform you that you guys are poor excuses for reenactors. Firstly, none of you are grossly overweight. Secondly, you actually have dirt on your uniforms, and all the kit you are wearing is actually correct for the period. Thirdly, you've photographed yourselves in terrain that looks very much like the actual terrain the real life division deployed to. Fourthly, the photos are shot in such as way that they look like they could be confused for wartime shots - the poses, general way of wearing equipment, etc.

I suggest you visit http://www.geocities.com/bigreenactors/ for a glimpse at the currently accepted standard - pay particular attention to the US Airborne NCO
                            with the Thompson.

You just won't get anywhere walking around looking the way you do now.

You'll also need to learn a thing or two about weapons. Ditch the dewats and get yourselves working M-1 Garands - preferably parkerized with nice fibreglass stocks. Be sure and point your weapons at each other's heads in all your photos and walk around with them in public places like shopping malls and bars while half dressed.

If I can be of any other assistance, let me know.
                            http://www.canadiansoldiers.com

Comment

nice pics. you guys look as authentic as ive ever seen. good work
                              Colonel,
                              night-time security leader,
                              Dr. Sinister's Secret Island Base

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X