Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

The threat of Political Correctness to reenactors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The threat of Political Correctness to reenactors

At the local River of Time, a group of reenactors representing the Germans in WW2 became the center of the latest NFL - Confederate Flag controversy when they displayed the Nazi flag in their encampment for pictures.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...ldiers_af.html

Will the efforts to erase history result in representing the enemy side being banned? Will history end up repeating itself when people no longer know why wars, such as WW2 were fought in the first place?

Nazi flags, Confederate flags, Heck, I am now offended by the Union Jack from the revolutionary war. Lets ban that too.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

If you are reenacting historical events of course you have to use the symbols and flags that were used in those events. What about historical war films? Are flags going to be blurred out?

It is not the same as marching down the street beneath a swastica and doing a seig heil.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Many on here know my views on Re-enactors and I'll show it with this:

But this is bloody silly.

Are WWII Soviet Re-enactors told to hide away their hammer and sickle flags? After all, More misery was heaped on the world by the people who marched under that flag and for a much longer time than that of the the Nazi equivalent.

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        Many on here know my views on Re-enactors and I'll show it with this: ..
        Wait a minute jack, I'm not a re-enactor but without them we'd only have war newsreels and pictures or dusty museum pieces to look at, so as a matter of interest what don't you like about them?
        For example these babies belong to re-enactors and look ok to me..-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...iewforum&f=134

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
          Wait a minute jack, I'm not a re-enactor but without them we'd only have war newsreels and pictures or dusty museum pieces to look at, so as a matter of interest what don't you like about them?
          For example these babies belong to re-enactors and look ok to me..-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...iewforum&f=134
          I said it all here: (excuse the misplaced word or two and upper-case where lower-case should be)

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=131368

Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Talked to one of the reenactors at the River of Time. He was livid that the person that complained set them up for the photo that was posted. Both museum curators were livid over this. It is why a board member ended up being interviewed as the President of the museum was also livid over such crap.

A sign has been placed inside both cabinets explaining the reason for the two displays of souvenirs. Those are two governments that committed atrocities against humanity. Those artifacts are the reason why we fought in WW2.

Channel 5, in their sloppy reporting, got both the name of the museum and the hours mixed up.

BTY, there is a lot more junk piled in there now then there was when I took the photo.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

If said person succeeds in off the reenactors on the German side, there will no longer be a River of Time event in Bay City. Why? Because none of them will ever attend that event again, even the ones that participate in the early explorers with their giant trading canoe.
              “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                I said it all here: (excuse the misplaced word or two and upper-case where lower-case should be)
                http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=131368
                Paul
                If you mean this post of yours where you said-
                "I don't really care that people go about playing glorified cowboys and 'injuns'. What pisses me off are those who try to somehow get closer to those who went before, by traipsing over the actual scene of the tragedy and having the gall to go about acting out the slaughter and misery of the day, then off for a pint afterwards.

Strange, the re-enactor thing don't bother me at all..

Comment

Well, it has happened. The WW2 German reenactors will not be invited back for next year.

Time to be offended by the trappers exploiting the Native Americans? The Revolutionary War ones offended by the British Union Jack, Civil War by the Stars and Bars?

Bye Bye River of Time as the rest of the reenactors will likely boycott the event in solidarity.
                  “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    Sig line- "And now, It's time to go over the carefully selected stories for the evening news, stories that have been chosen to manipulate your emotions and thinking."
                    Yes mate, but only the unthinking masses can be manipulated, not you, me and all other tough-minded mofos..

Comment

Yes mate, but only the unthinking masses can be manipulated, not you, me and all other tough-minded mofos..
                      LMAO
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It turns out that the threats are becoming real. At the Cedar Creek Va reenactment last month not only were threats were made, but a pipe bomb was found in one of the Confederate Suttler's tent. It was not large, about 4 or 5 inches long, but would have done plenty of damage especially as it was found in the children's toys bin!

Just found about it myself last week from a couple of acquaintances who were there, but it made the news as well.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/virg...inia/483542566

Tuebor

Comment

He is manipulated
                          You are influenced
                          I am entirely independent

Nobody ever admits (not even to themselves) to being manipulated.
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            He is manipulated
                            You are influenced
                            I am entirely independent
                            Nobody ever admits (not even to themselves) to being manipulated.
                            Well I'm a natural-born rebel and was expelled from school for "not trying" when I was 12 and have continued with my anti-establishment mindset ever since because we holy men don't do "manipulated"..
                            "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil" (Bible:Ephesians 6:12)

Comment

T his whole brouhaha is just another example of some who choose to view history as a PG-rated show...
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Working...
                              X