Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The threat of Political Correctness to reenactors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The flag that was displayed was a Kregsmarine flag, not a Nazi SS flag which displays the SS ruins or a death head. It was brought in by someone that wanted a picture of it with the reenactors after the event had ended.

    Anyhow, River of Time starts this weekend. The German reenactors were not invited back. A lot of other reenactors are not going to boycott the event in protest.
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
      The flag that was displayed was a Kregsmarine flag, not a Nazi SS flag which displays the SS ruins or a death head. It was brought in by someone that wanted a picture of it with the reenactors after the event had ended.

      Given that the Kregsmarine was formed in 1935 under the direct order of Hitler it was still very much a Nazi organisation.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

      Comment


      • #18
        Interesting is that I saw a photo of a Confederate Flag flying at the event. Why was that allowed when there was all of that nonsense about a Nazi flag that was not even flown, but only displayed after the event had ended.

        Anyhow, most ridiculous when, if you want to really want to be politically correct, you must protest the fur traders that ripped off the Native Americans as well as glorifying the Confederates from the Civil War.
        “Breaking News,”

        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
          It turns out that the threats are becoming real. At the Cedar Creek Va reenactment last month not only were threats were made, but a pipe bomb was found in one of the Confederate Suttler's tent. It was not large, about 4 or 5 inches long, but would have done plenty of damage especially as it was found in the children's toys bin!

          Just found about it myself last week from a couple of acquaintances who were there, but it made the news as well.

          http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/virg...inia/483542566

          Tuebor
          I am civil re enactor, cedar , one of the events that i attend is cedar creek , it has now been cancelled ,
          http://www.winchesterstar.com/breaki...5-b3c8d5b88b65.

          what a shame to bad , what harm were we causing , it was a battle the the north won, i do not get it . ????

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bill shack View Post

            I am civil re enactor, cedar , one of the events that i attend is cedar creek , it has now been cancelled ,
            http://www.winchesterstar.com/breaki...5-b3c8d5b88b65.

            what a shame to bad , what harm were we causing , it was a battle the the north won, i do not get it . ????
            I'm sorry to hear that.
            I am also a civil war re enactor .
            I'm in Illinois, and hadn't heard about this.

            The SJWs cannot permit anything that they don't endorse.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

            Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

            Comment


            • #21
              This is something that can also happen to modelers.
              At one time, I was a very keen scale modeler and a member of two different clubs in that hobby. Among other activities, our clubs would put on displays of all kinds of scale models (mostly from plastic kits) at public venues such as shopping malls.
              On more than one occasion, we got complaints about the tail-fin swastikas on models of WW2 German aircraft.
              To my mind, that is a classic example of "political correctness gone mad".
              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

              Comment


              • #22
                I'm with Dibs as regards opinion of re-enactors. having said that theses sad wankers can't play at WW2 without the Jerries, it just kind of doesn't work.
                In my 'umble opinion... so long as the Hun is shown getting it right in the neck at the end of the show, job's a good 'un.

                The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                  This is something that can also happen to modelers.
                  At one time, I was a very keen scale modeler and a member of two different clubs in that hobby. Among other activities, our clubs would put on displays of all kinds of scale models (mostly from plastic kits) at public venues such as shopping malls.
                  On more than one occasion, we got complaints about the tail-fin swastikas on models of WW2 German aircraft.
                  To my mind, that is a classic example of "political correctness gone mad".
                  As I recall there was something of a row in some parts of Europe back in the late 60s when Revel released a kit of the P-36 with Finnish markings
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MarkV View Post

                    As I recall there was something of a row in some parts of Europe back in the late 60s when Revel released a kit of the P-36 with Finnish markings
                    I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.
                    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bill shack View Post

                      I am civil re enactor, cedar , one of the events that i attend is cedar creek , it has now been cancelled ,
                      http://www.winchesterstar.com/breaki...5-b3c8d5b88b65.

                      what a shame to bad , what harm were we causing , it was a battle the the north won, i do not get it . ????
                      It has just been announced that it will be back on for 2019. I wonder if insurance, after the bomb, was an issue?

                      Tuebor

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X